Web Designer (Brand Team)
San Francisco, CA
Figma is seeking a Web Designer with graphic design experience to join the Brand team, a multidisciplinary group of designers. You will help elevate our visual brand as we interact with the world, both through product and marketing. The brand team works to define brand excellence at Figma and share engaging stories with our users. The team is still young, so this is a great opportunity to help shape the team’s culture and have a major impact.
As a Web Designer, you will be responsible for producing high quality visual designs for desktop, web, and mobile applications. Reporting into the Creative Director and working with the rest of the brand team, you will create visual treatments and implement creative concepts as well. This is a highly collaborative role where you will partner closely with marketing and product teams to refine, expand, and systemize our brand expression. Your role will be essential in maintaining our web brand guidelines and critiquing deliverables with an eye for detail, craft, and consistency.
- Design engaging, brand-forward web experiences and visuals, from concept to execution.
- Handle the application of our style guidelines to ensure consistency across platforms. You are able to both work within and evolve the Figma brand style.
- Elevate and evolve the Figma brand across multiple platforms, focusing on web experiences.
- Collaborate efficiently with marketing, product design, development, and growth to successfully implement work.
- Produce responsive visual elements, assets, and visual treatments.
- Deliver visual design specifications and guidelines to document and define user interfaces.
- Work in tandem with developers to ensure accurate delivery of visual designs.
- Engage in constructive design critiques.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating knowledge of responsive design, proper grids, scalable typography, and interactions.
- Solid understanding of technical concepts and constraints.
- Strengths in graphic design sensibilities: typography, illustration, and color.
- Experience working in Figma.
- Ability to ship within agreed timelines.
- Experience working alongside front-end developers.
- Embrace an iterative design process and receptive to feedback. Progress over perfection.
- Able to work independently and drive multiple projects at a time.
- Foster strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional partners.
Nice to Have
- Front-end experience and ability to prototype
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.