Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Infrastructure team has a large surface area. We own all backend infrastructure components and services, data infrastructure, developer API as well as our continuous integration and deployment pipeline. As the Engineering Manager for the Infrastructure team you’ll lead the team on three key areas: scale, performance and availability. Figma is growing rapidly and it is important for infrastructure to scale up to support this growth. We view speed as a key feature of Figma and we are constantly looking to improve user’s interaction latencies. Finally, we want Figma to always be available. Your team will directly impact the way in which millions of people design and build products across the world in companies like Microsoft, Uber, Square and more.
What You'll Do:
- Work with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Infrastructure team.
- Collaborate with your team to build the large-scale distributed systems that powers Figma.
- Drive initiatives that help infrastructure to support Figma’s rapid growth as well as continuously improve Figma’s availability.
- Scale and mentor a diverse team of engineers at the core of our product and technology strategy through rapid business and company growth.
- Partner with Product and Design and build infrastructure that can power innovative new features for Figma.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience building large-scale complex distributed systems. A passion for diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work, and for building high-quality software / systems.
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- Experience managing high output engineering teams
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.