San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We are looking for a Creative Director to help us continue to build and strengthen our distinctive brand as we communicate with our users. You’ll lead a small team of designers to ideate, conceptualize, and produce compelling media (from physical goods to digital communication) with a strong basis in graphic design. You like to work collaboratively and get things done. As a player/coach role, this will involve some individual design work along with people management.
What you'll do
- Manage communication design team and hiring additional designers as needed
- Work closely with marketing and growth teams to ensure quality launches that grow Figma’s user base as well as demonstrate clear communication of Figma’s core value proposition
- Drive and help define the aesthetics of the Figma brand
- Collaborate with the product design team to maintain consistent brand within the product
- Manage design for digital content: website, blog, emails, user education projects, etc.
- Manage design for physical goods: events, office culture, company materials, and activities
- Nice to have: ability to prototype websites and mini-sites to demonstrate ideas
What we value
- Great aesthetic sense
- Managerial experience
- Ability to express complex ideas in a creative, visual way
- Effective at both written and verbal communication
- Track record of getting things done quickly with great craftsmanship
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.