Designer Advocate - Education
United States /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We are hiring our first Designer Advocate focused specifically on bringing Figma to the classroom! Figma has always been committed to being free to students and educators, but we are in the early stages of developing a full program to support Figma in classrooms. You will be a key partner in developing this program and creating a robust community-driven approach on how to bring Figma and a more collaborative design practice to the classroom, specifically focused on university (or the non-traditional equivalent) level. If you have domain expertise using Figma for digital design, experience teaching and creating design curriculums at the professional level, you love Figma and already find yourself already evangelizing Figma inside and outside the classroom, reach out!
This is a fulltime role that can be held from anywhere in the United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Present and demo Figma for the classroom — not just how Figma works, but paint a picture of how a collaborative environment for design can be integrated into curriculums and deliver valuable real world experience to students
- Create best practice guides and share content for educators — Design and produce activities, templates, community files, documentation, and livestreams to enable educators and students to collaborate.
- Nurture a community of educators — Connect educators from across the globe, introduce alternate use cases for Figma, and how digital design curriculums can evolve to be more collaborative for both students and teachers
- Connect the classroom to professionals— Help us figure out how to integrate and connect students and educators into our community of professional users at scale with things like mentorship programs, guest speaker programs, and portfolio review programs
- Collect product feedback from an educator perspective and highlight opportunities to product development at Figma
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience working with students and building design curriculums at the university (or non-traditional equivalent) level
- An understanding of the evolving challenges of today's classroom and can articulate the benefit of student to student, and student to educator collaboration
- Advanced knowledge of Figma
- A technical design background and can get into the fine details of interface design
- You have a real entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy iterating on projects from early experimental ideas through to completion
- Comfort-level with up to 25% of travel (post-COVID)
While not required, one or all of: fluency in a language other than English, strong written communication, videography skills would be a plus for this role
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Presentation decks to help articulate the benefit of how students and educators can work together in real time using Figma
- Figma file resources that could be used for collaborative activities in the classroom
- Livestream/video content to help educators on board and connect with other educators using/evaluating Figma
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.