Director of PR/Communications
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As Director of PR/Comms,you will build and lead all comms: product, corporate, consumer and internal. You’ll create and drive communication strategies that build brand love, affinity, adoption and advocacy. You will be a central partner to the CEO and senior leadership team.You will report to the Chief Customer Officer managing all go-to-market teams.
What You'll Do
- Build brand awareness by refining and evolving our approach to telling the Figma story through and to the media.
- Actively manage our reputationby defining our messaging strategy and tactics to make Figma the industry leader in the design tool space. You’ll position the company and spokespeople as thought leaders in conversations around the future of design.
- Act as a key company storyteller to many of our most important external constituencies, including media, bloggers and influencers. Build lasting, productive relationships with the media for Figma.
- Build the executive communication platform for CEO and select members of the Executive Leadership Team
- Provide communication support to executive team by drafting narratives, speeches, scripts, etc.
- Build out the PR/Comms function, team and strategy in line with our growth as a business.
What We Value
- 7+ years of work experience in business and consumer public relations, preferably with significant experience on an in-house communications team
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator who is adept at framing, positioning and influencing
- Proven ability to drive key messages through inspiring and differentiated communication programs
- Experience placing stories at top-tier national print and broadcast media outlets; corporate and consumer
- Existing relationships with key journalists in tech and business media with capacity to build trust with journalists across all media segments as programs demand
- Desire to learn about how Figma, the product, works and about the customers it attracts.
- Bold creative thinker; takes risk and challenges assumptions
- Willing to move fast and define objectives, strategies and tasks without waiting for top-down direction, but also able to optimize based on feedback from leadership
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Flexible vacation time and generous holiday breaks
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Dog-friendly office environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.