Strategic Finance Lead
San Francisco or New York /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Strategic Finance team is focused on solving some of Figma’s most pressing business issues. The team is responsible for owning the company's budget, driving quarterly and annual planning processes, allocating and deploying the company's resources efficiently, performing financial analyses in partnership with all departments across the company, own financial planning systems, and play an integral role in investor relations and treasury. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, a great communicator, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focus on the highest-priority business issues and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruit, hire, mentor team of strategic finance professionals as the company grows
- Lead our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, and own the underlying financial forecast models, systems, and tools
- Serve as thought partner to cross functional stakeholders and ensure they have the necessary resource allocations to invest in key investments / initiatives
- Drive alignment on KPIs and key metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, growth initiatives, business performance, and provide visibility into operating performance
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory
- Implement a best-in-class planning system that will scale with Figma for 5+ years
- Assist with capital planning efforts, corporate finance, and investor relations
- Prepare presentations and key reporting to the Board of Directors and Executive Team
We're looking for someone with:
- An ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- A highly entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven management ability
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Ability quickly identifying and methodically resolving potential road-blocks
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and the ability to clearly communicate messages that link business issues, financial results, and strategy at the executive level
- 10+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate planning, business finance, analytics, FP&A or related fields — preferably for a B2B and/or SaaS business
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.