San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are evolving the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, we’d love to chat with you.
We’re looking for our first UX Writer to help us craft the right words to enable teams all over the world to collaborate more efficiently throughout their design process. You should enjoy crafting guidelines for voice and tone, and helping teams deliver quality content from start to finish. You should be excited to dig through our existing product copy and find opportunities for consistency and simplicity.
You will be a part of the Product Design team to stay close and connected to the product, but will be expected to work closely with a range of cross-functional partners including product managers, researchers, engineers, marketers, and customer support and education to ensure we speak to our users in a clear concise manner.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to overall strategy around product copy and content, as well as produce final copy for all in-product content
- Work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, researchers, engineers, marketers, customer support and product education to ensure consistency and deliver high quality content
- As one person it may be difficult to try and write everything yourself, so you’ll want to identify and drive methods to scale (e.g. guidelines and workshops) so teams can also write themselves
- Partner with the go-to-market team to consider the ways we speak to users across all surfaces both in and outside of the product. While this role focuses primarily on “inside the product”, there are always important points of overlap (e.g. feature naming, tone, style)
What We Value
- 3+ years professional writing experience in shaping content for products
- A portfolio or series of work samples that demonstrate clear and effective content writing (e.g. voice and tone guides, specific product copy screenshots, etc,.)
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; you should thrive in turning complex technical concepts into approachable and simple terms anyone can understand
- Basic knowledge of design tools and related products, and familiar with terms from industry SaaS / Enterprise software
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.