Senior Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Toronto
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
About The Role
As the first full-time content marketing person at Finch, you’ll play a key role in building Finch’s marketing foundation. Your mission will be to build Finch’s resources center into a trusted site for product owners and developers. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Content Marketing Manager will own critical KPIs such as website traffic to our resources pages, SEO, gated content downloads and 3rd party mentions, laddering directly to core marketing goals. This person will work closely with key stakeholders to articulate Finch’s product vision and create a library of articles that demonstrate thought leadership and highlight Finch’s value propositions.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Own content strategy and execution at Finch
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure alignment with stakeholders across sales, marketing, product, engineering and the executive team
- Build Finch’s resources center into a trusted resource for product owners and developers
- Unlock organic search as a growth channel for Finch with SEO strategies that both attract large volumes of traffic and also convertIncrease 3rd party mentions of Finch through earned and owned content strategies
- Contribute to developer docs strategy and periodically write articles to increase pre/post-sales satisfaction
The Experience You’ll Need
- 4+ years of content experience at fast-growing B2B companies
- 2+ years of experience owning all of content preferred
- Excellent writing skills – you need to be able to concisely write copy that paints a picture of a problem and how to solve it to non-technical and technical audiences
- Great collaboration and communication skills, especially with marketing, sales, product/engineering/design stakeholders, with experience communicating up, down, and laterally
- General knowledge of SEO best practices and how to implement a SEO roadmap that drives both traffic and sales opportunities
- Demonstrated a history of creative problem-solving
Great, But Not Required Experience
- Managing an editorial calendar and strategic direction for content organizations
- People management experience
- You’ve been a developer in the past or on side/pet projects!
What we offer
- Work from home budget
- Flexible monthly stipend
- 100% Health/Dental/Vision coverage and 85% dependent coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy (with 3 weeks minimum)
- Parental leave
- Offsite company trips
- Offices in SF & NYC
$130,000 - $160,000 a year
Finch’s compensation package includes a competitive base salary benchmarked against real-time market data, as well as equity for all full-time roles. We want all full time employees to be invested in Finch and to be able to take advantage of that investment, so our equity grants include a 10-year exercise window. We also offer exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum salary range for this role is:
$130,000 - $160,000
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.