Senior Software Engineer, Experience
San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Toronto /
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
As a software engineer on Finch’s Experience team, you will help build the customer-facing interfaces and entry points for our customers while improving our overall software quality and reliability. The Experience team manages Finch’s developer dashboards, developer tools & SDKs, and API documentation projects, which are at the forefront of all our product offerings. We need to be performant and provide a good User Experience for Finch customers so they can focus on building their awesome applications.
You love breaking down complex problems to deliver elegant experiences to customers. You possess a balance of technology and people skills with a high degree of empathy. You thrive on cutting through areas of high ambiguity and narrowing down high-level problems into engineering solutions. You can coordinate across product, engineering, and support teams to ensure that you deliver the right solution for the right problem and that all parties are aligned. You value your customers and peers and want to succeed as a team. You’re comfortable wearing many hats and aren’t afraid to execute. You’re excited by working on an API product that powers many of the world’s most impactful applications.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: empathy, execution, humility, curiosity.
- Design, build and maintain Finch's data presentation layers, guiding architectural changes, optimizations and setting new standards.
- Lead the charge on product expansion initiatives, including horizontal expansion of existing features and greenfield development in entirely new product verticals.
- Develop, test, and maintain customer-facing API features to meet security, scalability, and performance requirements to ensure that our services run reliably and efficiently at scale.
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, and maintainability.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of relevant full-stack development experience in a start-up environment.
- 2+ years of experience working React or other modern JS front-end frameworks.
- Track record of executing and delivering on large projects with a high degree of autonomy.
- Detail-oriented approach to challenges and the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Exposure to high-growth start-ups.
- Knowledge of agile best practices and how to leverage them to release faster.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working across multiple teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
- Experience working with NodeJS, PostgreSQL and React. Typescript is a plus.
- Deep experience developing APIs and front-end technologies.
- Strong system-design skills and experience working with distributed systems.
- Experience using a cloud provider. AWS is a bonus.
- Experience using Git in a professional environment.
- Familiar with various API authentication and authorization methods, particularly OAuth.
- Strong knowledge of testing best practices.
$180,000 - $200,000 a year
Finch’s compensation package includes a competitive base salary benchmarked against real-time market data, as well as equity for all full-time roles. We want all full time employees to be invested in Finch and to be able to take advantage of that investment, so our equity grants include a 10-year exercise window. We also offer exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.