(Senior) Corporate Development Manager (m/f/d)
At FinCompare we are on a mission to simplify SME finance by using technology to offer businesses a convenient one-stop destination for all their financing needs. In a non-transparent financing market, we are providing access to and the opportunity to compare modern and suitable financing products. Therefore, we are looking for smart team members to join us on our journey to become Europe's biggest, most advanced and reliable SME financing platform.
At FinCompare, we have a senior management team and board (internet veterans, Bain alumnus, etc.) and are looking for a bright mind to drive our corporate development to shape the equity story of FinCompare. You will be working for and guided by the Managing Director who has worked in strategy consultancies, thus be exposed to an exceptional professional development opportunity for further enhancing strategic advisory skills, combined with company building skills.
Depending on your interest and performance, there will be opportunities to take team leadership positions in the company in the later stage.
The role encompasses the following modules (these are only indicative and should provide you with a general idea):
Company positioning: Capture and segment the competitive landscape most purposefully to define a sustainable future positioning (USP)
- Challenge provided market and customer intelligence of all team members
- Capture all relevant market participants and trends
- Develop market and stakeholder segmentation models to systematically drive our our corporate development
- Define distinguishing factors for FinCompare to establish a sustainable and valuable market positioning (USP).
Partnerships / M&A: Build alliances /partnerships or acquire value generating partners
- Facilitate screening of strategic growth opportunities
- Shortlist most promising partners to reach desired market positioning faster and more profitable
- Evaluate make or buy / partner decisions
- Conduct structured process (DD) to decide on respective engagement.
Business planning and communications: Develop corporate presentations, equity story developments, etc.
- Act as a sparringspartner for the finance and product department to align financial and product planning
- Condense market, stakeholder and business intelligence understanding into crisp stories / presentations.
- University degree in management, finance, engineering or relevant fields with distinctive results
- Minimum of 2 years of experience at a top-tier management consultancy
- Very strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills - paired with strategic thinking
- Highly professional communication skills
- Empathy to understand and integrate with all departments - as cross-company-alignment facilitator and willingness to go the extra mile for team members
- Strong personal appearance and performance motivation, coupled with a high level of initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Good network in the start-up community
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Absolute mastery knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (Google Sheets, Docs) as well affinity for project and performance management tools
- Fluent in German and English.
At FinCompare you have the opportunity to take on real ownership and to act like a business owner. You will learn everything about the Fintech market, since we act as horizontal market network, connecting all relevant market participants.
You can have a real impact on the industry, establishing a new value creation. Be part of our team and help us to revolutionize the SME finance market.
We offer a beautiful office in Berlin Mitte (close to Hackescher Markt), a cooperation with Urban Sports Club (free M-Membership, reduced L & XL Membership), learning and development, fresh fruits, drinks and snacks, Friday beers at the Office, etc.