Production Support Engineer
Austin, TX /
Product – Product Development - PD /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As a Production Support Engineer, you’ll be on the front lines supporting our customers with technical implementation, issue investigation, and code changes that support our mission to help all people in need. If you are ready to put your technical skills to use in a fast-paced environment where you make an impact with every task, you will fit in well with our team. This role comes with the opportunity to grow into an Engineer on our Product team or other technical customer or leadership roles at findhelp. Boot camp graduates are welcome to apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Communicate and coordinate effectively among cross-functional stakeholders on investigations and escalations
- Assist in owning Production Support work queues and driving projects to efficient resolution across the team
- Develop fixes in support of the Product and Engineering teams
- Improve processes by producing tools and automations to reduce turnaround times
Who You Are:
- Tenacious Problem Solver: You take pride in thinking critically and getting to the root cause of tricky technical issues and investigations.
- Proactive Communicator: You're comfortable smelling smoke and escalating issues to cross-functional leadership teams, provide proactive updates on your highest priority work, and can coordinate retrospectives amongst different teams.
- You thrive in ambiguity: You're not afraid of researching stuff you don't know about. This assures you punch above your weight class — ability may be far greater than experience.
- Independent: You’re comfortable working with minimal direction to achieve goals. You're a proactive self-starter and take ownership and demonstrate leadership over your issues and projects to drive them to resolution.
- Organized: You can manage a broad scope of work expertly. You'll have a number of plates in the air, and you can ensure that none of those plates will drop.
Experience You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of of experience working in customer service, technical support, or related fields
- Current Python experience (or related skills with the ability to ramp up quickly)
- Any database experience (SQL, NoSQL, key/value)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Jira, Git, and/or Google Cloud Platform a bonus!
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time