Office Administrator/Front Desk- Austin
Austin, TX /
General Admin – Administration - AD /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As a member of our Office Operations team, you will help the team in efficiently planning, organizing, and strategizing all administrative operations at findhelp. In this role, your primary work responsibilities include greeting visitors with a warm and friendly welcome, maintaining security requirements and visitor logs, managing building vendors, assisting with office operations and various other administrative projects.
Work schedule is targeted as Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4pm and Friday: 8am - 2pm
Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Greeting visitors/non-Austin based employees and directing them to their respective area
• Maintaining security requirements which include providing key cards to new Austin-based employees, maintaining log of current key cards, keeping visitors logs current and maintaining monthly active reports.
• Managing vendors, including janitorial, plant services, office equipment, and building management vendors
• Assisting with Office Operations, including book purchases and requests, purchasing office supplies, shipping & receiving packages, office event set-up, employees special requests (with approval), as needed.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Communicating and managing part-time shopper/stocker for office groceries
• Mail intake (picking up and scanning)
• Office tours for new hires
• Assist HR with scheduling new hire training
• Maintain reception area
• Maintain company library
• Conference room set up/scheduling
• Assisting with hotel reservations
• Assisting with catering schedule
Additional Job Skills and Competencies:
• Exceptional organization
• Effective time management
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible and can manage interruptions and unexpected needs without losing focus
• Clear communicator
• Process oriented
• Problem solving
• Proficiency with Google suite of products (docs, sheets, chat)
• Maintain a calm, courteous, and professional demeanor at all times
• A positive attitude - enjoys supporting others & contributing to the company’s goals
Physical demands and work environment:
• This role is based onsite Monday through Friday in Austin, Texas
• This is largely a sedentary role; standard office equipment is used, such as laptops, monitors and headsets, if needed.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Front Desk or Customer Facing role experience required
• 5+ years operations/administrative experience required;
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time