Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering – Engineering - EN /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will help grow a nascent SRE team and lead the direction and culture of the team. You will partner with the rest of Engineering to educate about SRE and how to work together to improve the quality of our product and processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Help grow and set the direction of the SRE team
- Mentor other engineers in best practices for measuring performance
- Establish SLOs and build processes to hold teams accountable for meeting them
Who You Are:
- A seasoned veteran of the IT industry who has been operating in the cloud long enough to know what it takes to build resilient systems
- Passionate about building and fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Sufficiently experienced to identify “good enough” metrics in a legacy code base and new code
Experience You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant SRE, DevOps, Systems Engineering or Infrastructure Engineering experience
- Ability to manage a kubernetes cluster, preferably running on GKE
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools and processes
- Experience with instrumentation for monitoring and logging the health and availability of services
- Experience scripting/coding with Python
- Experience writing comprehensive documentation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee