Talent Acquisition Specialist- Contract
Austin, TX /
General Admin – Human Resources - HR /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As a Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
This is a three month contract.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with hiring managers to write job descriptions and ads for current openings
- Advertise job openings on career pages, job boards, and social networks
- Design and implement employee referral programs
- Source candidates through online channels (e.g., professional networks and portfolio sites)
- Screen resumes and applications and update candidates on hiring process
- Interview candidates during various hiring stages, including phone interviews and screenings
- Report to hiring managers and HR generalists on the status of open positions
- Evaluate candidates based on their interview and assignment performance
- Determine qualification criteria for each position
- Update job descriptions
- Answer candidates’ questions regarding the application process
- Provide interview feedback, when necessary and appropriate
- Participate in job fairs to boost company’s reputation
Who You Are:
- A team player
- Organized individual with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach
Experience You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in recruiting
- Experience in a growing tech company is a plus
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- System-savvy (we use Lever, G-Suite, Zenefits, Small Improvements and Jira regularly)
We value being together
We believe being together enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
You can expect to be in-office if you’re based in Austin, TX.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time