Business Analyst, Engineering
Austin, TX /
Engineering – Engineering - EN /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As an Engineering Business Analyst at findhelp, you will play a key role in the planning and execution of features, enhancements, bugs, and other work done by engineering teams. You’ll partner with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and other Business Analysts to deliver high-quality software and business value to findhelp’s customers, partners, and end users. You will be on the front lines with our engineering teams crafting solutions and setting clear priorities for the next set of deliverables.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Engineering Leadership and multiple engineering teams to deliver high-quality, high-value software solutions
- Provide a clearly-defined, well-organized, prioritized backlog of features, bugs, and other requests for each supported engineering team
- Negotiate scope and timelines based on priority, customer needs, existing commitments, and team capacity and availability
- Break large projects into smaller, iterative steps to streamline and optimize value delivery
- Write clear, well-scoped, technically sound, and testable acceptance criteria and collaborate with the engineering team to determine the best way to deliver the desired outcomes
- Identify, minimize, and track cross-team dependencies
- Partner with Product Managers to ensure we are solving root problems and our solutions are aligned with business priorities and goals
- Foster strong relationships across multiple teams to build consensus and collaboration
Who You Are:
- A servant leader helping teams build the best possible solutions for our customers and end users
- An impediment bulldozer, overcoming barriers to your high performing team
- Documented history of getting things done and working tactically on strong execution
- Experience in Agile environment, shipping incremental value directly with engineering
- A history of advocating for and supporting your team
- Experience partnering with other functions in an organization, like product, customer success, and UX
- A strong desire to solve the next problem impact the lives of our users
- Organized, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form
Experience You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Systems Analyst in consumer web or SaaS products
- Computer Science or Technical Degree
- Healthcare or Government experience
- Scrum and Agile Certifications such as Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time