Test Automation Engineer
Austin, TX /
Engineering – Engineering - EN /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
The role: As an Engineer on the Testing Infrastructure team, your primary role will be to create and maintain our test automation tools and environments using Google Cloud Platform and Github Actions. In collaboration with our QA and engineering teams, you'll help design, create, and maintain testbeds where repeatable integration, end-to-end, and performance tests can be conducted and observed. You'll advise and enable our Product QA team with automation of UX testing in order to ensure a healthy product that consistently delivers user value. A major responsibility will be creating and maintaining Python libraries to enhance our large suite of Robot/Selenium tests.
What You’ll Do:
- Working with Engineering and QA teams to guide our approach to building and improving test automation. Apply test automation best practices to help continuously improve quality at Findhelp.
- Evaluating and integrating 3rd party products into the Findhelp ecosystem to enhance our testing environment.
- Working with Google Cloud Platform and Github Actions for cloud-based automated test execution to build and integrate product quality observability features into Findhelp's ecosystem.
- Helping teams understand the capabilities of automation and achieve a healthy testing balance between automated and manual testing.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining complex software tooling and workflows for on-demand set up and tear down of control data in multiple test environments.
- Apply your knowledge of performance and scalability testing to enable automated performance measurement of our products under load.
Who You Are:
- You take time to ask questions and define the problem before considering a solution.
- Your critical thinking and troubleshooting skills allow you to lead solutions in unfamiliar problem spaces.
- You are an advocate for quality processes with a desire to share knowledge and mentor junior teammates.
- You understand that both testing and documentation are critical parts of your own products.
- While you are strong individually, you know that we succeed or fail together as a team.
Experience You’ll Bring:
- Knowledge of performance and scalability Testing
- Knowledge of bash scripting, including using tools like Just and Jest
- 2-3 years experience with Github Actions, Google Cloud Platform, and Docker
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee