Principal Devops Engineer
Engineering – Engineering - EN /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
This is a remote role and open to anyone within the United States (all work must be done in the US).
The salary range for this role is $137,277 to $205,915; however, Findhelp considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education and training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and a stock option package to all our employees.
As a Principal Devops Engineer in the Platform Engineering division, you will play a leading role in developing robust processes and automation for the tools our engineering teams use. Your day-to-day activities will include building deployment pipelines and tools to enable our development teams to build and ship their code as quickly and securely with as much joy and quality as possible. You will also play a key role in evolving our dependency management practices to keep up with our rapidly scaling organization.
The team you will be joining is made up of engineers with different skills and experiences, including development and testing. You will be a technical leader on this team, working in close collaboration with the other members of your team through standard Scrum practices.
Who You Are:
- Ruthless in maintaining focus on getting the most important work to capital-D “Done”
- Excited at the thought of test-driving whatever code you write, be it infrastructure-as-code or internal tooling
- Committed to excellence
- Eager to learn
- Biased towards action
- A team player
- Organized, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form
Experience You’ll Bring:
- At least a total of 10 years of experience as a web or devops software engineer, some of which should have come while at a cloud-based SaaS company
- Deep expertise and knowledge of best practices regarding building, dockerizing, and deploying NPM- and Python- based projects
- AND some expertise in at least two of the following:
- GCP, particularly AppEngine, cloud functions, pub/sub
- CI/CD with Github Actions
- cloud-first infrastructure-as-code tools like Pulumi, Terraform, or AWS CDK
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time