Austin, TX /
Engineering – QA - QA /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
Our pioneering software platform has already connected thousands of people in need ("seekers") to thousands of programs to get the help they need – but because there’s so much more we want our product to do (and more people in need need us to do), it is rapidly advancing. Your job is to help new deployments of our rapidly developing product go off without a hitch.
Our ideal candidate is either a developer with a strong interest in QA, or a technically-adept QA specialist. Note that this is a heavily-technical position, so anyone who is not already comfortable dealing with code and automation frameworks will not be a great fit. We are also looking for someone with experience in automating and managing other parts of a deployment process (CI/CD and Jira and Github status management).
- Maintain and extend our automated testing suite (Robot Framework, Selenium, Sauce Labs, Python, CircleCI)
- Contribute to and recommend new QA and test tooling best practices
- Design, develop, and maintain automated functional and integration test suites
- Manually test the product with an eye for usability from the user’s perspective
- Report bugs and document test plans in a clear and descriptive manner
- Help coordinate software integration and deployment
- Fluency with multiple types of web application testing (smoke, functional, integration, api, performance, etc.)
- Experience with Robot Framework, Selenium, or similar tools for writing automated test cases
- Comfortable writing CSS selectors in automated tests
- Knowledge of best practices for writing maintainable and extensible automated test cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Job Relevance + Track Record // 3+ years of software QA experience including experience testing web-based applications
- Detail-oriented // You are the type of person that your friends call incredibly detail-oriented. You notice and get frustrated at small things being out of place or not working.
- Entrepreneurial // We are still a young, small company, meaning things change. It also means our team is constantly creating, not just doing what is already established. If you cannot think and act like an entrepreneur at times, you may struggle or get frustrated. We need someone with a fearless entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Team Player (with Discipline) // You are never the type of person who says “that’s not my job." You want the whole team to succeed, yet you have the discipline to operate effectively and efficiently in a collaborative environment and stay focused on achieving what you need to do.
Perks at findhelp:
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
We value being together
We believe being together enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
You can expect to be in-office if you're based in Austin, TX.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee