Senior Manager, Communications
Austin, TX /
Marketing – Corporate Marketing - CM /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
As the senior manager of communications, you’ll play a key role in enhancing our corporate communications strategy. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will have visibility across all areas of the organization and will work closely with senior leadership to share key initiatives to a variety of stakeholders. In your day-to-day, you may be drafting posts for our external company blog, editing and sharing recommendations for our executive all-team emails, and overseeing the monthly all-hands meeting and presentation. Additionally, you’ll work closely with Marketing leadership and our external communications firm to shape our external talking points on various industry topics, including policy, technology, social care, and others.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute corporate communications strategy and identify critical messaging opportunities
- Draft thought leadership pieces in coordination with internal SMEs and senior leadership
- Support public relations activities and prep leaders with talking points for media opportunities
- Coach leaders in a value-centric way and elevate all aspects of corporate communications
- Interact with key stakeholders (meetings, one-on-ones, organizational "listening") to be proactive in addressing communication issues, needs and opportunities.
- Manage internal communications channels and source content from senior leaders to communicate key initiatives to employees and drive employee engagement; manage internal content calendar.
- Establish process for communications review and continuously look for ways to improve communications processes
- Oversee and produce content for our monthly All Hands meeting
- Occasionally support internal initiatives, such as team events, volunteer days, culture committee, etc.
Who You Are:
- You are a clear communicator with exceptional writing and editing skills
- You have an eye for detail and a proven track record of creating informative and engaging communications on a variety of topics
- You have the ability to distill complex information into effective messaging to a variety of audiences
- Interested in learning about a variety of social care, technology, and policy-related topics
Experience You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English or related field required.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in communications
- Exceptional and persuasive written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to facilitate and distill multiple perspectives from internal corporate stakeholders into communications that will resonate with global audiences.
- Excellent planning skills, with a proven ability to manage, prioritize and allocate time.
- Rich experience counseling and prepping senior executives, as well as rapid response and issues management communications
- Ability to connect with a variety of audiences from individual contributors to executives, from technical to non-technical employees
- Confidentiality and business ethics; demonstrating outstanding judgment and discretion
Perks at findhelp
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet-friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
We value being together
We believe being together enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
You can expect to be in-office if you’re based in Austin, TX. Our preference is for this position to be based in Austin, TX, but we are also open to exceptional candidates who live in Washington, DC; Boston, MA; Madison, WI; and Detroit, MI.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee