Community Engagement Manager- West Virginia
West Virginia /
Community Engagement – Community Engagement - CE /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
The Community Engagement team is an integral part of fulfilling this mission. We are network builders and problem solvers who sit at the intersection of our two key stakeholder groups: our customers, and the nonprofits, social care providers, and community based organizations (CBOs) who want to work together to serve our communities.
In this role, you’ll partner closely with organizations to ensure they feel supported in their use of findhelp, engaging with them on their terms and listening to their needs. You’ll also work closely with our customers to grow and sustain key community partnerships that bring the social care network to life. Our customers represent a wide range of helping institutions; health systems, local and state governments, education systems, health insurers, and more.
As a Community Engagement Manager, your role in connecting customers and organizations ensures that those in need and helping professionals can find and connect to local services with dignity and ease.
This role is a remote position, but we’re looking for someone who is based in West Virginia and can bring a local lens to the role.
What You'll Do:
- Establish and grow deep, sustainable relationships with nonprofit and other community organizations in a regional area, with the end goal of increasing nonprofit usage of findhelp tools and strengthening local networks of care
- Educate and equip key customer contacts to support community engagement efforts.
- Manage client and project communications - be a leader driving the community engagement portions of the project plan, working collaboratively with Customer Success Managers and sharing best practices of how customers can mobilize community engagement and build CBO relationships in their communities
- Train community based organizations and customer teams on how to use findhelp’s suite of tools to streamline their work, connect to each other, and support a shared population
- Lead the discovery of various CBO workflows and roadblocks, and in conjunction with the Partnerships team, explore potential integrations and partnerships
- Advocate for the ongoing needs and goals of CBOs internally - gathering feedback and understanding both how to meet them where they are and also how to help get them where they want to go
- Support organizations when issues arise, including technical needs, responding in a timely manner, and working with cross-functional teams to document problem resolution steps and implement solutions
- Collaborate with the rest of the Community Engagement team to build a thriving department and foster the overall success of findhelp and the people we serve
Who You Are:
- Non-profit and/or Government Programs Expert: You understand the ins and outs of programs for individuals in need, and you have a sense for what the motivations and values are for different direct service providing organizations
- Empathetic, Good Listener: You recognize that our customers and CBOs have a lot on their plates. You are a good listener, and promoting findhelp platforms is second to understanding how people view and might use the tools in their everyday work. When our product isn’t the right solution, listening will help you understand what’s missing, and will help us make improvements
- Consultative Leader: You’re not afraid to make prescriptive recommendations for the good of the project. You can validate questions or concerns while tactfully suggesting solutions. You dig deep to understand your client’s goals and vision, and you alway bring your expertise to the table.
- Confident, Yet Humble: You’re comfortable introducing yourself to strangers, speaking in front of a group who may or may not initially understand why you are there, and keeping your cool when challenges arise in the moment.
- Organized for Speed and Quality: You know how to take rough ideas and build them into flexible, fast, learning-focused processes that can be understood across teams. You think about optimizing your own tasks so that you can make space for new ideas.
- Solution-Oriented: When you notice a gap, you can’t help but try to fix it. You not only identify problems, but work from start to finish to resolve them.
Experience You Bring:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience working in or with non-profits and/or government programs
- Experience with adult learning techniques and best practices; software training experience a plus
- Experience with technology and able to learn new technologies quickly; familiar with SaaS application support requirements
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate/present effectively at all levels of the organization including the C-suite
- Ability to work with minimal direction to achieve goals
- Team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations
- Ability to travel to some customer locations
- Interest in social determinants, organizational innovation, social enterprise, healthcare, community organizations, governmental groups
- Local knowledge, expertise and network.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time