Manager, Software Engineering
Austin, TX /
Engineering – Engineering - EN /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As Software Engineering Manager, you will primarily be responsible for managing a team of software engineers who are focused on quality engineering in pursuit of our mission statement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and coaches a team of full stack developers and ensure best practices around software development, including day-to-day performance
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met, including maintaining a close partnership with the Product and Quality Engineering team
- Lead by example and help grow the engineering team to highest potential through hiring and development of engineers at multiple levels
- Build and maintain a healthy and productive engineering culture that thrives on high quality while accepting failure as being part of the process
- Ensure that your team is always working on the highest priority work and getting it to capital-D “Done”
- Work closely with stakeholders to accurately deliver high quality features
- Seeks out feedback and clarity as needed, and provides on going constructive feedback
- 5+ years technical experience, including designing architecture, implementation, and deployment of SaaS applications. Expertise in Python, Jira, MySQL
- 2+ years of experience managing a software development team in a high-growth environment
- Experience mentoring and developing software engineers in a hybrid work environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills needed to articulate complex, strategic and technical thoughts and ideas effectively to multiple audiences, as well as to listen for meaning and understanding.
- Self -directed and analytical, while being comfortable working in a team environment
- Experienced leading a team in Agile methodologies
- Experience with non-profits or social care organizations
$121,740 - $152,176 a year
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time