Director, Government Relations
Government Relations – Government Relations - GR /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As Director of Government Relations, you’ll be managing government relations for a block of states. You will direct and execute a comprehensive, proactive government affairs strategy that advances findhelp’s mission and goals with local, regional, state, elected officials, and other key decision makers. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, External Relations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the design and implementation of innovative strategies, including legislative initiatives, state agency education and product market development .
- Oversee the state government relations work, which consists of developing state government agency sales opportunities, educating state agencies about findhelp’s product and mission, and overseeing the work of hired lobbyists who are helping move the findhelp legislative agenda forward.
- Monitoring legislative work opportunities and project management and document development to ensure deadlines are met and objectives are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with the SVP of External Relations to help shape strategy in each state of your region
- Speak to complex policy issues for purposes of influencing outcomes.
- Anticipate needs and concerns and work to proactively address them, while focusing on building political capital and reducing political risk.
- Drive new business pursuits, including the development of thought leadership, identification of business prospects and ongoing networking.
- Support team training and professional development and serve as a performance manager to the Regional Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; with a concentration in Political Science, Government, Public Policy preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7 or more years of diversified government relations leadership, planning, communication, organization experience.
- Experience working with senior executives, government affairs directors, and policymakers.
- An entrepreneurial orientation and a commitment to grow the overall organization.
- Technology industry experience, operational legislative or government service-related experience are a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and written and verbal presentation skills.
- Proven project management track record and comfort managing and working with staff at all levels.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work under pressing deadlines across multiple projects and portray calm in the face of difficult situations.
- Significant travel is required
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time