Senior Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Denver, CO /
Engineering – Engineering - EN /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
About the team you'll be joining:We are a small team tasked with making our engineering teams autonomous and their processes more enjoyable, more stable, and faster. Our team is ruthless in maintaining our focus on the most important work, spending a lot of time refining and preparing tickets for work. Then we get our work to capital-D “Done” so that we only have to revisit it by choice.
Job Overview: We are looking for a Senior Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with a background in any one or all of web development, SaaS web operations, devops, or cloud security to provide technical guidance to our team. This person needs to have the temperament and desire to provide mentorship to the more junior members of the team, as well as being able to help triage and firefight issues as they invariably arise across our stack. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is instinctively collaborative and eager to learn new things.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical direction was we build self-service tools to provision secure cloud infrastructure in GCP
- Set an example for the team during planning, refinement, and retros
- Be available (but with boundaries) to being a subject matter expert for other teams in the engineering organization
- Keep open communication with other teams and stakeholders to develop requirements and make sure that we are all pulling in the same direction
- Look for opportunities for personal and professional growth for self and team
- At least a total of 7 years of experience as a web, operations, security, infrastructure, or devops engineer, some of which should have come while at a cloud-based SaaS company, AND
- Expertise in GCP, particularly AppEngine, cloud functions, pub/sub cloud security, particularly IAM, firewalls, and log aggregation and monitoring
- Networking, both internal and dns
- Cloud-first infrastructure-as-code tools like Pulumi, Terraform, or AWS CDK
- Test-driven development (not merely writing tests, but “red, green, refactor”)
- Database administration, particularly MySQL
*This position is in office and candidates must be located in Denver, Colorado*
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time