Director of Compliance
Austin, TX /
General Admin – Security & Compliance - SeC /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
The role: The Director of Compliance leads and supports our Security and Compliance team to execute all elements of the compliance program designed to meet legal and regulatory expectations, especially in healthcare. This position will work with functional teams throughout the organization to evaluate and resolve concerns identified through the review of internal and external interactions, and design, implement and ensure compliance with the appropriate controls, procedures and systems in place.
What you'll Do
- Build a first class, team based compliance organization that can scale with the company
- Manage the direction, implementation, and enforcement of legal and regulatory expectations.
- Contribute to and assist with annual regulatory compliance reviews, and other compliance assessments across the business, and implement risk mitigation plans, particularly HITRUST.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders and provide input to ensure the healthcare regulatory compliance is designed to run in a manner to comply with the laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Who You Are:
- Individual with 5+ years of professional experience managing direct reports, people managers, and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in compliance or privacy role.
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance preferred.
Experience You’ll Bring:
- Detailed knowledge of HIPPA and/ or healthcare compliance regulations standards and best practices.
- Broad knowledge of GRC Frameworks: HITUST, CCPA,NIST 800-53,ISO27001, FEDRAMP/StateRAMP, etc.
- Excellent project management skills; including but not limited to, coordination, adherence to budget and completion goals, prioritization, and troubleshooting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to various levels within the company, as well as external professional audiences.
- Apply effective leadership skills to promote a compliance-oriented culture within the organization.
- Ability to identify and mitigate potential risk for the company.
Perks at findhelp
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet-friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
We value being together
We believe being together enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
You can expect to be in-office if you’re based in Austin, TX.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee