Manager, Program Management
Austin, TX /
Operations – Program Management Office - PM /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
Findhelp’s PMO team plays a pivotal role in driving and reporting out on the company’s larger initiatives. As a manager, you’ll lead a smaller team of Program Managers and are responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the operations of this business unit. The ideal person for this role thinks strategically, is comfortable with ambiguity, and has experience both working cross functionally and managing a team. Along with a passion for social care, this candidate has experience in project or process management and has led large scale projects.
- Maturing the department -- we are a younger team and this role will include building goals for the business unit
- Hiring two or three additional Program Managers, ensuring PMO team has the transparency and collaboration needed, and should act as the gateway for project status and communication
- Developing employees and the culture of the team, emphasizing quality, continuous improvement, and high performance from your PMs
- Overseeing and approving a monthly report on company initiatives, presented to the senior leadership team by PMO
- Driving open communication - you make sure the right people have access to the right information to make the right decisions
- Providing oversight to your employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Coaching and mentoring staff -- including developing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning
- Empowering your team to do good work and delegating responsibilities while expecting accountability and giving regular feedback
- Planning and implementing systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and goals of the department efficiently
- Communicating regularly with other managers, directors, VPs, etc.
- Has 6+ years of experience in project management
- Has 3+ years of experience in management and knowledge and experience in supervision and management
- Outstanding interpersonal and coaching skills
- Has experience in the technology sector - you’ve worked with a variety of tools and can learn new systems quickly and thoroughly
- Proficiency in JIRA, Hubspot, GSuite as needed
- Has advanced communication skills (presentation, written, and verbal)
- Can manage a broad scope of work efficiently
- Can handle quick change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant, and you're comfortable with that
- Is in it for the mission
To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Findhelp picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. It is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how findhelp’s mission speaks to you.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee