Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Austin, TX /
General Admin – Human Resources - HR /
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
Job Overview: The Senior HRBP will operate as a trusted partner to People Leaders and provide strategic HR support, guidance and consultation in regards to HR policies and procedures with specific attention to departmental/organizational structure and employee relations matters. This person will maintain an effective level of business literacy about each division's purpose within the company, its strategic plans and goals, and its culture. This is a critical role on the People Operations team and will lead and participate in developing programs and policies in the following functional areas: Onboarding, Talent Development and Performance Management, Company Culture and Engagement, Total Rewards, and Offboarding. This role reports to the VP of People Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Mentor and develop managers (coaching, counseling, career development, training, progressive discipline); proactively guide your managers to be the strongest people leaders they can be and help maintain the culture by coaching managers to hold their teams accountable and maintain an inclusive team culture
- In collaboration with People Operations and business leaders, develop and support change management activities and ensure organizational design and effectiveness are aligned to business strategy, culture, and performance goals
- Oversee and investigate all employee relations matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and HR policies related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Analyze overall trends and metrics in partnership with the People Ops team to identify gaps, and develop solutions.
- Provide guidance and input on departmental restructures, workforce planning, succession planning
- Assist with total compensation and reward programs recommendations and implementation
- Facilitate the off boarding process, including conducting and analyzing exit survey feedback.
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in resolution of complex employee relation issues
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP preferred
- Strategic thinker with an ability to coach People Leaders through leadership decisions and challenges
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, respective employment laws
- Strong conflict management skills and the ability to quickly address complex people matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including flexibility, availability and ability to communicate and interact with employees and managers at all levels
- Excellent business acumen and literacy skills and the ability to understand the company’s financial operations and objectives
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Proven experience managing multiple conflicting priorities, identifying urgent versus important, and navigating ambiguity
- Strong team collaboration, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Self-directed and motivated with regarding to making independent decisions and organizing projects.
We value being together
We believe being together enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
You can expect to be in-office if you’re applying in cities we currently have offices (Austin, TX and Denver, CO).
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time