Senior Frontend Software Engineer
School Care – School Care - SC /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
As a senior engineer, your role will be to build large projects with the team of thoughtful, friendly engineers driven by findhelp's mission. In your day-to-day you'll create, support, and enhance new and existing features on our web and mobile applications. You'll actively contribute to the mentorship and culture of the engineering team.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain our highly available, reliable and scalable systems
- Lead and deliver projects with our team of engineers
- Cover critical code with automation and testing
- Participate in grooming meetings, shaping the future of the product
Who you are:
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience working in software engineering
- Strong background in React, Redux, and React Native
- At least 1 year of experience working on production iOS and Android apps (new or existing)
- Strong background working with Xcode, Android Studio, and other mobile technologies (push notifications, mobile analytics, etc.)
- Bonus points for experience with working with Ruby/Rails API
Perks at findhelp:
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid parental leave
- 20 days of PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet-friendly office with attached dog park (Austin HQ)
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee