Senior Data Engineer
Engineering – Engineering - EN /
About Us & Why We're Hiring
We're changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org
We're powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord, we'd love for you to keep reading.
We are a small team of highly motivated and skilled data engineers and DBAs. The team works on data pipeline development, provides database administration and query tuning support, and supports multiple software projects and data products.
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Document database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize production systems. Investigate and resolve incidents reported by users. Identify opportunities to automate, consolidate and simplify data solutions at scale.
- Perform periodic code reviews to ensure code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance.
Who You Are:
- An enthusiastic, highly motivated person with an ability to learn quickly.
- A data engineer with at least four years of experience.
Experience You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of data engineering experience with one or more languages commonly used for data operations including SQL and Python.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing in cloud environments such as GCP (ideal), Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience with at least one relational database such as MySQL (ideal), Oracle, or PostgreSQL and at least one NoSQL database such as DataStore (ideal), DynamoDB, or MongoDB.
- Experience with BigQuery (ideal), Redshift, or Snowflake.
- Experience in Airflow, GitHub, and CI/CD processes are a must.
Perks at findhelp:
- 401k & stock options
- Free food and onsite gym
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Pet-friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want to help connect everyone to the help they need. So we want to build a company that represents your community.
But talk is cheap. We like action. Here are a few things that show we mean business.
● Employee Resource Groups
● Culture Committee
● Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee