Staff Frontend Engineer
New York, NY /
Findigs is on a mission to make residential leasing faster and fairer. Moving into a new rental should be neither opaque nor a clunky experience. Backed by tier-1 investors across venture capital and real-estate, we're looking for A players eager to make an out-sized impact at a rapidly growing startup. Our culture is mission-driven, collaborative and ego free.
We’ve started by rethinking the rental application and screening processes from the ground up. Since launching our product, we've seen explosive demand from building operators looking to use tech to make their leasing better. Every day, our technology plays a role in deciding where people live. Housing (shelter) is essential, so we have a responsibility and mandate to get it right. Findigs does not just make it easier to apply or be evaluated for a new place — our team is committed to making the process more transparent, inclusive and awesome.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our team!
As a Staff Engineer on one of our product teams, you will play a crucial role in developing user-facing products to make the renting experience fast, safe, and delightful. You will solve complex problems and build systems that elevate our Engineering organization as a whole. You will use your expertise to deliver a best in class user experience, working collaboratively with Product and Design to set standards that ensure the delivery of high quality, reusable code.
The ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership. You enjoy seeing a project all the way through from planning to release. You are comfortable with ambiguity with a strong ability to pivot and adapt. You have a passion for building technical solutions that scale. You possess a strong sense of curiosity and dedication to improving your craft. You are an effective collaborator who is able to work with product, design and other engineers to drive strong outcomes. You have a depth of experience to draw upon and help drive solutions across your team. You are excited by building software that changes peoples lives and are committed to delivering all details required to make great experiences.
Where You Will Make an Impact
- Work with Product, Design, Data, QA and other engineers to produce high-quality code that delivers business value and follows established standards and processes
- Build for scale, availability, performance, and security for our customer facing applications
- Architect and own new features in our ecosystem, collaborating with other engineers to integrate frontend and backend systems
- Contribute to improving overall standards and process, through thought leadership, robust technical documentation, code reviews and engineering practices
- Proactively improve site performance metrics and telemetry
- Contribute to existing and build new design systems and shared component libraries
- Contribute feedback to enhance team performance by performing code reviews and participating in pairing sessions
- Aid in the growth and development of the team by mentoring and coaching less experienced members
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to help define, scope, plan and release projects
- Effectively manage and prioritize functionality and features, educating team members on the tradeoffs to approaches and providing creative solutions to improve our overall application experience
- Write great code that provides the standard for other engineers while ensuring reusability and maintainability are at the core
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer with a focus on enterprise or direct to consumer applications at scale
- Deep understanding of modern frontend design patterns, component-based architectures and the approaches for data management across APIs
- Expertise architecting and creating performant, accessible modern web applications
- Experience delivering multiple pixel perfect, high volume, enterprise grade Frontend applications
- Experienced working with continuous delivery methodologies and systems
- Past experience with Test Driven Development practices, implementing unit tests and defining test cases across
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; effectively collaborates with Product and Design teams
Nice to Haves
- Experience with various design tools, we use Figma
- Experience working with and edge based content distribution strategies
- Experience working with static and server side rendering applications
What We Offer
- Our distributed team works from any USA location allowing you to have your preferred work mode
- We are headquartered in NYC, if that’s local to you and you want to work in our Soho office you can
- We are a mission driven company with a balanced and enjoyable workplace
- Competitive base salary + Pre-IPO equity + Benefits
- Unlimited paid time off – a minimum of two weeks required + mental health Friday once a month + 100% healthcare coverage, 401k matching up to 5%, gym comp, and snacks for days
$165,000 - $300,000 a year
Compensation disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Like our users we come from a wide variety of backgrounds – Diversity, inclusion and being open to learning constantly means we have and hire great people. Diversity and inclusion make our team, our culture and our work stronger – we’re committed to continuing this as we grow. We are an equal opportunity employer and as such all applicants will be considered based solely upon merit and directly relevant professional competencies.