Operations Manager (Underwriting Team)
New York, NY /
Findigs is on a mission to make residential leasing faster and fairer. Moving into a new rental should be neither opaque nor a clunky experience. Backed by tier-1 investors across venture capital and real-estate, we're looking for A players eager to make an out-sized impact at a rapidly growing startup. Our culture is mission-driven, collaborative and ego free.
We’ve started by rethinking the rental application and screening processes from the ground up. Since launching our product, we've seen explosive demand from building operators looking to use tech to make their leasing better. Every day, our technology plays a role in deciding where people live. Housing (shelter) is essential, so we have a responsibility and mandate to get it right. Findigs does not just make it easier to apply or be evaluated for a new place — our team is committed to making the process more transparent, inclusive and awesome.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to join our team who will lead and manage the Underwriting Operations team to ensure a flawless and efficient underwriting process, contributing to Findigs' mission of revolutionizing the rental industry through speed, fairness, and transparency.
Where You Will Make an Impact
- Oversee the development and execution of impeccable underwriting processes that meet client needs and consistently surpass expectations.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of operations professionals, both on-site and offshore.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Underwriting to translate underwriting requirements into actionable processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Craft clear and comprehensive operating procedure documents to articulate processes effectively.
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize underwriting performance metrics to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and internal stakeholders, demonstrating unwavering dedication.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in operations, management consulting, or related fields.
- Proven track record of successful leadership and management in a similar role.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SQL, and other relevant tools.
- Knowledge of the rental industry or real estate operations is a distinct advantage.
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience in underwriting operations or a related field.
- Experience with process documentation and optimization.
- Familiarity with relevant industry regulations and best practices.
- Project management experience is a plus.
What We Offer
- We are headquartered in NYC, if that’s local to you and you want to work in our Soho office you can
- We are a mission driven company with a balanced and enjoyable workplace
- Competitive base salary + Pre-IPO equity + Benefits
- Unlimited paid time off – a minimum of two weeks required + mental health Friday once a month + 100% healthcare coverage, 401k matching up to 5%, gym comp, and snacks for day
$115,000 - $135,000 a year
Compensation disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Like our users we come from a wide variety of backgrounds – Diversity, inclusion and being open to learning constantly means we have and hire great people. Diversity and inclusion make our team, our culture and our work stronger – we’re committed to continuing this as we grow. We are an equal opportunity employer and as such all applicants will be considered based solely upon merit and directly relevant professional competencies.