Senior Fullstack Engineer
New York, NY / Remote (United States) /
Findigs is on a mission to make residential leasing faster and fairer. Moving into a new rental should be neither opaque nor a clunky experience. Backed by tier-1 investors across venture capital and real-estate, we're looking for A players eager to make an out-sized impact at a rapidly growing startup. Our culture is mission-driven, collaborative and ego free.
We’ve started by rethinking the rental application and screening processes from the ground up. Since launching our product, we've seen explosive demand from building operators looking to use tech to make their leasing better. Every day, our technology plays a role in deciding where people live. Housing (shelter) is essential, so we have a responsibility and mandate to get it right. Findigs does not just make it easier to apply or be evaluated for a new place — our team is committed to making the process more transparent, inclusive and awesome.
As a Senior Software Engineer , you will play a pivotal role in the team delivering innovative and fast-paced software solutions. This role is responsible for designing, building out, and maintaining critical APIs and interfaces with internal and external customers / workflows. Your primary focus will be to develop server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and integrating with front-end elements .
Where You Will Make an Impact
- Work with Product, Operations, Data, Design and other engineers to produce high-quality code that delivers business value and follows established standards and processes
- Build for scale, availability, performance, and security for both external and internal facing applications
- Demonstrate an understanding of current trends in information technology best practices and standards and document / implement how to apply this understanding to work projects and processes
- Design and develop complex workflows that integrate with various data sources, including third-party APIs and databases and front end.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to data processing and API integrations, ensuring high availability and performance.
- Willingness to learn and master new technologies .
- Create and manage clear, robust technical documentation
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience developing APIs and data services using languages such as Python, Java, or C#.
- Experience working with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design principles, including API versioning, authentication, and authorization.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Can be adaptable to new environments, can hit the ground running with new ideas.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with a focus on delivering high-quality software solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with microservice architectures or workflow orchestration
- Experience working at a high growth product company focused on scale
What We Offer
- Our distributed team works from any USA location allowing you to have your preferred work mode
- We are headquartered in NYC, if that’s local to you and you want to work in our Soho office you can
- We are a mission driven company with a balanced and enjoyable workplace
- Competitive base salary + Pre-IPO equity + Benefits
- Unlimited paid time off – a minimum of two weeks required + mental health Friday once a month + 100% healthcare coverage, 401k matching up to 5%, gym comp, and snacks for days
$120,000 - $200,000 a year
Compensation disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Like our users we come from a wide variety of backgrounds – Diversity, inclusion and being open to learning constantly means we have and hire great people. Diversity and inclusion make our team, our culture and our work stronger – we’re committed to continuing this as we grow. We are an equal opportunity employer and as such all applicants will be considered based solely upon merit and directly relevant professional competencies.