Senior Product Engineer
New York, NY
Findigs is on a mission to make residential leasing faster and fairer. Moving into a new rental should be neither opaque nor a clunky experience. Backed by tier-1 investors across venture capital and real-estate, we're looking for A players eager to make an out-sized impact at a rapidly growing startup. Our culture is mission-driven, collaborative and ego free.
We’ve started by rethinking the rental application and screening processes from the ground up. Since launching our product, we've seen explosive demand from building operators looking to use tech to make their leasing better. Every day, our technology plays a role in deciding where people live. Housing (shelter) is essential, so we have a responsibility and mandate to get it right. Findigs does not just make it easier to apply or be evaluated for a new place — our team is committed to making the process more transparent, inclusive and awesome.
As a Senior Product Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in delivering innovative and fast-paced software solutions. In this role, you will own end-to-end product features, working alongside a cross-disciplinary product team composed of Product, Data, Design and Engineering. You’ll also work with the team to drive solutions that address product and business objectives to make renting a better experience for everyone.
In this Senior position, you will be responsible for delivering product features to market. You’ll be tasked with partnering with cross-functional partners, while mentoring and coaching early career Engineers in order to up-level skillsets and foster a strong, collaborative team dynamic.
Where you will make an impact:
- Partner with Product, Design, Data, QA and other Engineers to produce high-quality code that delivers business value and follows established standards and processes
- Build for scale, availability, performance, and security for our customer-facing applications
- Architect and own new features in our ecosystem, collaborating with other Engineers to integrate frontend and backend systems
- Contribute to improving overall standards and process through thought leadership, robust technical documentation, code reviews and engineering practices
- Proactively improve site performance metrics and telemetry
- Contribute to existing product features and build new features and systems
- Contribute feedback to enhance team performance by performing code reviews and participating in pairing sessions
- Aid in the growth and development of the team by mentoring and coaching early career team members
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to help define, scope, plan and release projects
- Effectively manage and prioritize functionality and features, educating team members on the tradeoffs to approaches and providing creative solutions to improve our overall application experience
- Write great code that provides the standard for other engineers while ensuring reusability and maintainability are at the core
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, bootcamp or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience as an Engineer, with a focus on enterprise or direct-to-consumer applications at scale
- Deep understanding of modern frontend design patterns, component-based architectures and the approaches for data management across APIs
- Expertise architecting and creating performant, accessible modern web applications
- Experience delivering multiple pixel perfect, high volume, enterprise grade applications
- Experience working with continuous delivery methodologies and systems
- Past experience with Test Driven Development practices, implementing unit tests and defining test cases across
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; effectively collaborates with Product and Design teams
What we offer:
- We are a mission driven company with a balanced and enjoyable workplace
- Competitive base salary + Pre-IPO equity + Benefits
- Unlimited paid time off – a minimum of two weeks required + mental health Friday once a month + 100% healthcare coverage, 401k matching up to 5%, gym comp, and snacks for days
$165,000 - $200,000 a year
Compensation disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Like our users, we come from a wide variety of backgrounds – Diversity, inclusion and being open to learning constantly means we have and hire great people. Diversity and inclusion make our team, our culture and our work stronger – we’re committed to continuing this as we grow. We are an equal opportunity employer and as such all applicants will be considered based solely upon merit and directly relevant professional competencies.