Palo Alto, CA or Remote /
Our mission at Discreet Labs is to make privacy more programmable through adoption of applied cryptography, and decentralized blockchain technology.
Discreet Labs is the developer of Findora, a public blockchain with programmable privacy. The original research team behind Findora also invented Bulletproofs, a type of zero-knowledge proofs that have been widely used across different blockchains such as Monero, Mimblewimble, and Grin. Discreet Labs has implemented Bulletproofs on Findora to support confidential transactions, and private asset issuance. The company is also working on additional zero-knowledge proofs to support confidential smart contracts for more programmable privacy.
Discreet Labs is backed by Polychain and Powerscale Capital, and is partnered with dozens of companies and organizations including Tencent, BSN, MetisDAO, Taxa, Bank of Asia, Travel USA Express, MoneyMoov, IOTPay, YouWorld, Citcon, and Bayes.
We have offices in Palo Alto, CA and Beijing, China, plus we have the platform tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Although this position will be remote, it will require working hours that overlap with Pacific Standard Time (PST).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a bleeding edge blockchain organization. You’ll work with every department and directly impact growth.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator will play a major role in growing Findora into the global standard for privacy. You will help create the monthly newsletter and be responsible for deploying Findora news, announcements, partnerships, project updates, press, articles, and more, to all of our social media platforms. You will also be tasked with ensuring the Findora blockchain is front and center at all major and relevant conferences and events.
You should be data-driven, and use analytics as insights to help measure growth. Ideally, you will have some graphic design and video editing experience as well. Flexibility in working hours may sometimes be necessary for online events, meetings, and for accommodating the global nature of blockchain as an industry.
- Own the monthly newsletter, from conception to distribution
- Contribute to social media content creation and scheduling, third party contributors, as well as online discourse
- Identify market opportunities through research, analytics, and industry observance
- Identify, track, and maintain a global conferences and events calendar for the crypto/blockchain industry, but also academic, developer hackathons, and so on
- Coordinate planning, operations, and logistics for sponsorship opportunities
- Plan and coordinate “side events” that happen outside of the official conference purview, such as mini hackathons, mixers & happy hours, workshops, or dinners
- Liaise with internal teams, such as Design, Product, and Engineering
- Liaise with external teams and contractors to ensure project accuracy and completion
- Help plan around events, from (co-)hosted hackathons to conference sponsorships
- Create marketing and ecosystem (sales) materials
- Edit website content and manage blogs
- Assist with team related operations, including team meetings, and other miscellaneous tasks
- Ensure our internal processes are executed with efficiency and quality
- Possible travel for events and internal meetups
- Generate goodwill across the Findora open ecosystem
- Fluency in English, though knowledge of other languages, e.g. Chinese, would be an advantage in order to liaise with stakeholders across the world
- 2-3 years experience in blockchain, crypto, DeFi, and/or fintech industry
- 1-2 years social media management and content creation
- Event management experience a definite asset
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent writing skills, with examples to show (social media and longer form)
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with distributed teams
- Solid understanding of crypto marketing trends and strategy around open source, technical protocols, platforms, and products
- Strong, passionate belief in the defense of privacy
*Discreet Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer