Business Development Manager
Palo Alto, CA or Remote /
Business Development /
Our mission at Discreet Labs is to make privacy more programmable through adoption of applied cryptography, and decentralized blockchain technology.
Discreet Labs is the developer of Findora, a public blockchain with programmable privacy. The original research team behind Findora also invented Bulletproofs, a type of zero-knowledge proofs that have been widely used across different blockchains such as Monero, Mimblewimble, and Grin. Discreet Labs has implemented Bulletproofs on Findora to support confidential transactions, and private asset issuance. The company is also working on additional zero-knowledge proofs to support confidential smart contracts for more programmable privacy.
Discreet Labs is backed by Polychain and Powerscale Capital, and is partnered with dozens of companies and organizations including Tencent, BSN, MetisDAO, Taxa, Bank of Asia, Travel USA Express, MoneyMoov, IOTPay, YouWorld, Citcon, and Bayes.
We have offices in Palo Alto, CA and Beijing, China, plus we have the platform tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Although this position will be remote, with occasional travel to North America, Europe and Asia, it will require working hours that overlap with Pacific Standard Time (PST). Strong written and spoken language proficiency in English is required, although knowledge of other languages (e.g. Mandarin), would be an advantage in order to liaise with stakeholders across the world.
This is an exciting and career-defining opportunity as Discreet Labs' sole Business Development Manager. In this role, you will work across multiple partnership categories to help expand the Findora open ecosystem.
Findora’s success is derived from the rich open source, decentralized ecosystem that is evolving organically around it. Building upon this foundation, you will help to accelerate the growth of the ecosystem, making Findora the global standard for privacy.
Covering the whole range of crypto ecosystem components from infrastructure providers, liquidity platforms, marquee apps / DApps, and builders of developer tools for Findora - you will bring these aspects together into a cohesive strategy, creating a team around you to grow the Findora ecosystem from an early beta-network to a thriving global programmable privacy platform with cross-chain interoperability. You will build bridges across platforms, organizations, regions, and audiences to scale in accordance with Findora’s vision for a future with more sensible privacy for an open digital society.
- Identify and secure partners who can commit to building on Findora
- Brainstorm future directions with our existing partners
- Identify and analyze business sectors that can benefit from Findora core technology
- Manage inbound business leads
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to implement features needed by our partners
- Draft company materials for potential clients, investors, customers, developers, etc.
- Recruit and manage a team of business strategists
- Conduct competitive analysis and identify other companies in the same field
- Organize investor and community events
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to foster impactful partnerships
- Experience in technology industry partnerships
- Great communication skills and energy
- Competent writer of short and long-form content in a variety of areas including business, community, internal wiki, etc
- Sales and marketing experience
- Strong understanding of the blockchain, financial technology, and financial services industries
- Openness to travel and potentially international relocation
- Work on new problems in an emerging field
- Learn from finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- Travel opportunities to represent the company
- Make a big impact as an early contributor