Chief Marketing Officer
Palo Alto, CA or Remote /
Discreet Labs believes our digital future on web3 should be more decentralized, self-sovereign, and private. We are building the technology and systems necessary to achieve this vision. Discreet Labs combines the reliability and transparency of decentralized, public blockchains, together with the security and privacy of zero-knowledge proofs, to enable programmable privacy. Protocols, platforms, and products developed by Discreet Labs provide both the transactional privacy that institutions desire, along with the proofs of compliance that regulators require.
Discreet Labs is one of the core developers of Findora, a public blockchain with programmable privacy for Web3. The original research team behind Findora also invented Bulletproofs, a type of zero-knowledge proofs that have been widely used across different blockchains such as Monero, Mimblewimble, and Grin. Discreet Labs has implemented Plonk, Bulletproofs and other zero knowledge protocols on Findora to support confidential transactions, and private asset issuance. The company is also working on additional zero-knowledge proofs to support confidential smart contracts for more programmable privacy and ZK Rollup as universal scaling solutions.
Discreet Labs is backed by Polychain and Powerscale Capital, and is partnered with dozens of companies and organizations including Tencent, BSN, MetisDAO, Taxa, Bank of Asia, Travel USA Express, MoneyMoov, IOTPay, YouWorld, Citcon, and Bayes.
We have offices in Palo Alto, CA and Beijing, China, plus we have the platform tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Although this position will be remote, it will require working hours that overlap with Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Are you ready to develop and own the marketing strategy for the leader in zero knowledge proofs technology?
Reporting to the COO, the newly created role of Chief Marketing Officer will play a major role in growing Discreet Labs into the global name for privacy blockchains. You will own the marketing strategy for both corporate and product branding building, including but not limited to:Deploying Discreet Labs and Findora news, announcements, partnerships, project updates, press, conferences, articles, and more, to all of our social media platforms.
You should be data-driven, and use analytics as insights to help form metrics and measure growth.
- Your marketing expertise in the crypto industry will help put the spotlight on the cutting edge research and engineering production of Discreet Labs
- You are a Creator and will contribute to social media content creation and scheduling, oversee third party contributors, as well as own our online discourse
- You excel at identifying market opportunities through research, analytics, and industry observance
- You are at ease in liaising with internal teams, such as Design, Product, and Engineering
- You command the respect to liaise with external vendors, teams and contractors to ensure project accuracy and completion
- You come with firmly held ideas to showcase Discreet Labs as a leader, not a follower, in regards to event planning, from (co-)hosted hackathons to conference sponsorships
- You oversee innovative marketing and ecosystem (sales) materials
- You are excited about owning website content, social media channels and blogsWith attention to details, you ensure our internal processes are executed with efficiency and quality
- Domestic and International travel for conferences, events and meetups are seen as a benefit.
- You generate goodwill across the Findora open ecosystem
- Solid understanding of crypto marketing trends and strategy around open source, technical protocols, platforms, and EVM and privacy-related products
- Fluency in English, though knowledge of other languages, e.g. Chinese, would be an advantage in order to liaise with stakeholders across the world
- 2-3 years experience in blockchain, crypto, and/or DeFi industry5+ years social media management and content creation
- Excellent writing skills, with examples to show (social media and longer form)
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with distributed teams
- Experience with other EVM compatible blockchains and/or ZKP focused projects a plus
Discreet Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer