Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco, California /
Engineering – Infrastructure /
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About the role
The Engineering organization at Finix owns the delivery and stability of our product end-to-end. The Core Platform team ensures Finix’s complete payment platform is highly available, scalable, and performant. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the secure operation of Finix’s production and production infrastructure.
- Secure our infrastructure at both the cloud layer (IAM) and application layer (PKI) along with automating processes and monitoring infrastructure that helps secure the production system
- Building monitoring systems for both infrastructure and business operations, using internal tools & integrating into established 3rd party SaaS ones
- Build tools that help manage, test, monitor, and improve system security
- Help develop security standards, preferred implementation patterns, secure common frameworks, and developer documentation and educational materials
- Manage vulnerability and enable security integrations into the SDLC process and CI/CD pipeline along with investigating and triaging production security alerts
- Closely collaborating with Developers to setup & configure the necessary AWS services in support of new feature development
- Proactive in securing large-scale cloud-based production environments
- Excited about finding new and better ways to make software systems more secure
- Able to thrive in a fast pace environment, highly collaborative, and live up to your commitments
- Open, honest, and direct in your communications
- You are a self-starter, have self-initiative, and want to take ownership
- Data-driven to guide your decisions by learning about our user's behavior and problems
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps role
- Good experience with AWS, LINUX, Python, and Bash
- Previous experience designing a Network architecture and a solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols
- Managing Build infrastructure, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery Pipelines with tools like CodePipeline (CI/CD) and monitoring tools like New Relic & Scalyr
- Experience in distributed systems and multiple environments
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.
Role: Software Engineer IV
Location: San Francisco, CA
Base Salary Range: $161,000/yr to $218,000/yr + equity + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Individual pay is determined by work location, job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.