VP of Design
San Francisco, California /
Product – Design /
Finix builds payments tools for vertical SaaS and fintech companies. With Finix, businesses can create a custom payments experience for their customers without developing an in-house system or relying on third-party payments providers.
We are a fast-growing fintech startup recently named to both the Forbes Fintech 50 and CB Insights Fintech 250. We closed our Series B funding in February 2020 and announced an extension in August of 2020, bringing our total funding to $96 million.
While we work hard each day to solve complex payments challenges, our primary focus is our team. A shared personality trait of every Finix team member is a desire to be challenged. As we continue to grow and scale, we are actively looking for passionate payments people of all kinds to join our team.
We have offices in Cincinnati and San Francisco.
Historically fintech and banking products have been stuck in the same design since the late 90s, we want to bring a new lens and make products that simplify the complex world of payments, compliance, and create a platform that automates this historically esoteric world.
From your first steps as a Finixian, you will be at the forefront of establishing what Design means here and advocating for that vision company wide. Finix is looking for an exceptionally sharp, inspiring, and experienced VP of Design who can lead the vision and delivery of our enterprise product experiences. The right design leader understands that a great culture is the foundation of doing great work, and you build trust, inspire, and connect.
You'll build and lead a team of passionate designers to create the next generation of experiences that will guide our customers on their payments journeys. You will build strong relationships and collaborate closely with leaders across Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Research, Sales, Etc.
This role offers the opportunity to lead Finix’s Design across all platforms, to create a beautiful, engaging, seamless, and effective experience. And in doing so, you will help us deliver on our mission to make every software company a payments company.
What you'll do:
- Lead and evangelize a Design vision for all Finix product experiences by creating amazing user experiences that are simple, user-friendly, and intuitive.
- Work closely with product, engineering and support to define the next 5 year product roadmap. Manage executive and stakeholder alignment to drive a common Design vision that supports the Roadmap for our internal and external API and web-based products.
- Build a Design Team and ensure they are set up for success in the execution of both roadmap and advanced concept initiatives. Build, evolve and strengthen a world-class design culture that is inspiring, innovative, diverse, supportive, growth-oriented, and unified. Recruit, nurture and retain top-tier talent.
- Guide conceptual designs through launch; optimizing post-launch for positive end-user feedback & adoption
- Develop and maintain a holistic design system that can be applied across the product by other designers on the team or contractors.
- Build a user research practice to derive deep insights that inform the product roadmap, and lead ongoing usability testing for designs.
- You and your team will be focusing on mission critical areas for the business: Admin dashboard & reporting portals, client-facing self-serve tools (i.e. contracting), Developer DocsSupport & FAQ, hubsInternal back-office tools & portals
- Redefine back-office operations by creating a visual payments orchestration experience that allows our customers to easily control how merchant data and funds flow.
Who you are:
- 10+ years UX/UI design experience (preferably with recent experience in Enterprise software and/or commerce software)
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in a fast-growing startup environment with an exhibited past scaling a design organization
- Portfolio showcasing example processes and deliverables
- Degree in design, art, or related field a plus
- Proactive and passionate about user research
What We Offer:
Applicable to full time employees only
Finix offers a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month after your start date.
Health - We offer a variety of health insurance plans with two major carriers (UHC for national coverage and Kaiser as an additional option for CA). Finix pays 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium for whichever plan you choose. The remainder of the premium will be deducted from your paycheck pre-tax.
Dental - PPO dental plan through Beam Dental, one of the best new dental carriers with national coverage. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
Vision - Vision plan through VSP. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
Life / AD&D - Company-paid Life/AD&D insurance with coverage for 1x your annual salary.
Short-term / Long-term Disability - Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
Medical and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses.
Commuter Benefits Pre-tax account for parking or transit expenses.
401k - 401k account through Guideline.
Paid Time Off - In addition to federal holidays, we offer accrued time off of up to 15 days per calendar year with a 40-hour carry-over. Sick time is accrued separately at up to 9 days per calendar year.
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants Only - External Recruiting Agency resume submissions will not be accepted.