San Francisco, California
Engineering – Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
At Finix, we build for scale and develop systems that can process tens of thousands of events per second and move millions of dollars per day. We also iterate quickly and constantly release new features with little to no margin for error.
As a Test Engineer, you will be working on the heart of the product: the movement of money at high volumes reliably, securely & globally by leveraging several different technologies. As a member of the team, you will help drive the design and the development of innovative solutions to continuously meet ambitious engineering challenges. You will be building frameworks, tools, and tests to cover the full depth and breadth of Finix’s functionality. Our software engineers in test, design automated test suites that are fast, reliable, maintainable, and thorough.
Our Test Engineers represent our customer’s interest and set the bar on what is acceptable quality to be released publicly. They take the POV of our customers and are their advocates, holding the rest of the Product Delivery team accountable in meeting the highest level of expectations that our customers have. Test Engineers at Finix are not manual testers! Instead, you will code automated tests, build out testing infrastructure, and develop tools to empower the whole Engineering organization to test often and consistently. Our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, a “fail fast, fail cheaply” approach, and getting shit done. With only a lean team, you will be able to make a huge impact on the direction, design, and quality of the code base on day one.
- Work closely on an Agile team of Front-End, Back-End, and Product Managers on a daily basis
- Partner with the development team to integrate test suites into the continuous integration system
- Collaborate with the Customer Support team to understand common issues and incorporate them into new test scenarios
- Work with the Operations team to investigate production issues and perform root cause analysisAdvocate for and educate product/project teams on test design and implementation
- Passionate about your craft and desire to build great products that meet customer needs
- Self-starter that takes initiative, is intensely curious and constantly seeking self-improvement
- Open, honest & direct in your communications
- Thrive in a fast pace environment that is highly collaborativeData-driven in your decisions by learning about our user’s behavior and problems
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills with strong attention to detailBS/MS in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 4 - 7 years of functional testing experience on SOA/microservices web products, testing RESTful JSON APIs
- Strong understanding of UI Workflow Automation patterns and expertise with modern frameworks (i.e. Selenium, Spock, Postman, JMeter, etc)
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge to drive measurable results
Nice to Haves
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing
- Payment industry experience