Senior Product Designer
Product – Design /
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About the role
The Senior Product Designer will be responsible for designing the core Finix payments dashboard and defining its future. While Finix has historically been a developer-focussed company, over the past few years Design has taken center stage at taking products and features from ideation to production. Product Designers at Finix are responsible for setting the vision, designing solutions, prototyping and testing, and overseeing implementation of all dashboard features. As a part of a small but mighty team of award winning designers, you will have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to make a strong impact on product quality and execution.
- You have experience working in incredibly fast paced and lean startup environments. It’s not just something we say – we truly move faster than most startups
- You are excited to solve complex and esoteric problems in the world of payments
- You welcome constructive criticism, solicit feedback, and try to engage with new perspectives. The Product Design team at Finix acts as the voice of the customer and is trusted to have a deep understanding of user problems
- You can find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed and quality, and understand the importance of iterating as you learn
- You have worked with front end engineers very closely and understand how to communicate with them
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Familiarity with UX writing. We sometimes write our own copy, and sometimes collaborate with other teams.
- Attention to detail and experience crafting detailed design specs that any front end engineer can run with
- Experience conducting user research and usability tests
- Experience using and contributing to a design system
Nice to have
- Experience designing B2B web applications that have shipped
- Payments or fintech experience
- Visual design and interaction design experience
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Familiarity with web design patterns and front end programming. While designers are not expected to write code, we expect them to understand what can and cannot be built
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.