Business Development, Emerging Markets
Sales & Business Development – Business Development
By engaging with Financial Institutions (FIs) and related businesses, the Head of Business Development for Emerging Markets aims to increase Finix’s long term value by accelerating our strategy and developing new business opportunities.
Finix is seeking an exceptional, product-minded business development leader to grow and manage Finix’s strategic partnerships with FI’s, card networks and related businesses for Latin and South America. This role will be responsible for defining and executing a partner strategy across a number of domestic and international entities to achieve revenue growth.
- Identify partnership opportunities within large technology companies and lead all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring, negotiation and implementation
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with senior executives across different business units within our partners’ organizations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams internally to define priorities, plan joint roadmaps and help solve critical issues across the organization
- Proactively push product thinking and work closely with product and engineering teams, both internally and externally to build the best experiences for customers
- Represent partners as their advocate in internal discussions
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external constituencies
- Work on a variety of initiatives with partners including, but not limited to, product partnerships, distribution and commercial partnerships
- Maintain pipeline of opportunities and keep founders abreast of any major updates (positive or negative)
Nice to Haves
- 10+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a top technology payments company
- Experience working closely with the Tier 1 SaaS and technology companies, financial institutions, and/or card networks at senior levels
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for partners to utilize existing and in-development products, as well as ability to partner with Finix product organization to build world-class features for existing and new partnerships
- Strong commercial orientation, with the ability to initiate, execute, and grow complex commercial relationships while maximizing economic value for both Finix and our partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including multilingual skills (English and Spanish) and the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Programming or product management experience a plus
- Minimum education requirement of Bachelor’s degree. Master’s in Business Administration Preferred.