Director of Marketing
San Francisco, California /
Marketing – Marketing /
Finix builds payments infrastructure for vertically-focused software providers and fintech companies. With Finix, businesses can own and monetize their entire payments experience without having to build an in-house system from scratch or rely on third-party payment service providers.
We are a fast-growing fintech startup recently named to both the Forbes Fintech 50 and CB Insights Fintech 250. We closed our Series B funding in February 2020 and announced an extension in August, bringing our total funding to $96 million. Our primary focus is people, and a core element of every Finix employee is a desire to be challenged. As we continue growing, we are actively looking for payments people of all kinds to join our team. If you’ve made it this far, that might be you!
We have offices in San Francisco and Cincinnati.
As our Director of Marketing, you will be a pivotal member of the leadership team and will lead our growth efforts in 2020, 2021 and beyond. You will be responsible for developing and executing a lead generation strategy to deliver results across the marketing and sales funnel while hitting target metrics, including leads, pipeline, and high ROI across multiple channels. You will achieve immediate and long-term high-growth revenue goals that will make a big impact on our business. You will have a great deal of influence in the shaping of our marketing organization.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Act as a thought-leader and change-agent across all aspects of marketing: Communications, Brand, Demand Generation, Product Marketing and etc.
- Lead a team of marketers to drive key business metrics including leads, MQLs, SQLs and Opportunities
- Continuously develop and evolve our brand to differentiate and elevate Finix within the payments space
- Develop powerful customer insights from both quantitative and qualitative inputs that will allow us to better understand, strategically segment, and efficiently target our customers.
- Work with sales and revenue operations to run a data-driven account-based marketing approach to lead generation.
- Analyze, synthesize and report on business and marketing performance; translating into learnings, strategies and tactics that enhance performance, reduce friction through the funnel, and improve the end-to-end customer journey
- Manage a multi-million dollar budget while optimizing on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for key metrics
- Manage external agency partners to deliver on key metrics, new creative development, and media efficiencies including testing new media
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Product, and other functions to deliver on company goals including adapting plans to align with business-driven changes
Who You Are:
- Ability to think strategically when given high-level objectives, a history of translating long-term objectives into tangible near-term goals, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute at the tactical level.
- Equally comfortable analyzing data to optimize lead generation as you are using your intuition to manage content producers and designers to tell a unique and authentic story that resonates with our audiences.
- Excellent analytic mindset and the ability to clearly communicate and execute strategy-based, data-supported recommendations across the end-to-end customer experience
- Personality that focuses on growth opportunities and problem-solving and gravitates toward a data-driven, test-and learn-approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence and accuracy in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience managing, allocating and optimizing a marketing budget with multiple external partners.
- 8+ years experience with SaaS companies with a widespread knowledge of the full marketing stack and in-depth knowledge of demand generation.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, building and managing a marketing organization with superior ability to recruit, retain, and motivate our existing team and future talent.
- A demonstrated history of being a team player, and desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and influencing skills along with experience working with senior leadership
- Strong project management skills, detail-orientation, and interpersonal skills
What We Offer:
Finix offers a comprehensive benefits package, including new additions for 2020. Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month after your start date.
Health - We offer a variety of health insurance plans with two major carriers (UHC for national coverage and Kaiser as an additional option for CA). Finix pays 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium for whichever plan you choose. The remainder of the premium will be deducted from your paycheck pre-tax.
Dental - PPO dental plan through Beam Dental, one of the best new dental carriers with national coverage. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
Vision - Vision plan through VSP. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
Life / AD&D - Company-paid Life/AD&D insurance with coverage for 1x your annual salary.
Short-term / Long-term Disability - Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
Medical and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses.
Commuter Benefits Pre-tax account for parking or transit expenses.
401k - 401k account through Guideline.
Paid Time Off - In addition to federal holidays, we offer accrued time off of up to 15 days per calendar year with a 40-hour carry-over. Sick time is accrued separately at up to 9 days per calendar year.
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants Only - External Recruiting Agency resume submissions will not be accepted.