Tech Lead - Engineering Operations (m/f/x) - Munich or Remote
Munich / Remote /
finn.auto - Tech Lead - Engineering Operations (m/f/x)
At finn.auto, we strive to make mobility fun and sustainable by bringing a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offsetting all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our dynamic and fast-growing team to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform as we launch new product lines and expand internationally. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As a Tech Lead - Engineering Operations, you are directly responsible for building and maintaining the best application infrastructure to support all our software engineering teams. You will hire and lead your own world-class, international team of software engineers, API technical writers, and QA automation engineers.
With your team, you are providing support and internal tools to software engineers. Your achievement in this role would be to spawn a whole application stack with a single CLI command and maintain our core infrastructure. If your coding skills are known around the globe, and you love to contribute your ideas and engineering skills to a growing company in the heart of Munich then apply now.
- Hire and lead an incredible team: You are responsible to lead a team of up to 4 engineers. This will require you to hire a team of world-class software engineers. You are the technical role model and make sure that the team grows and succeeds together. As a leader, you will drive individual development and team success through constructive feedback (one-on-one).
- Build tools for our software engineers: This is not a regular feature team, you will be responsible to build tools for our engineers that enable them to build APIs in minutes to handle the most frequent tasks with ease. You are also responsible to continuously improve our application, monitoring, and infrastructure to ensure our massive growth.
- Define the future of finn.auto application landscape: You strive to deliver the best CLI tools, infrastructure as a code in a fully automated way and ensure well-known software development principles for applications scaffolding, monitoring, and alerting.
- Your team is our engineering backbone: You are responsible for our core AWS infrastructure, our No-Code single-tenant environment Integromat and Data storage solution (AWS RDS, Retool, Airtable, ...)
- This is not DevOps, it’s Engineering Operations: Forget about Containers on Kubernetes, it’s all about tools for engineers in a Serverless environment with a single purpose, standalone HTTP APIs
// Your Profile
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a fast-paced software development environment
- Graduated top of your class with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or in a similar field from a top-tier university
- Proven track record (5+ years) in software engineering of larger projects, preferably PaaS, IaaS, SaaS
- Rock-solid understanding of cloud providers and cloud-native architecture
- Experience in building and working with high-performance, strong cross-functional software development teams
- Ability to hire A software engineers for your team
- Profound knowledge of Python, Typescript or Go
- Passion for Infrastructure as Code. Putting code live every day is a given
- You have a “never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- You are fluent in English
- If you want to start remotely, you need to be within +/- 3 hours of Munich time zone (CET/CEST)
// Our Values
- Customer first - Always focus on our customers’ needs. Reduce complexity, increase quality.
- Own it - Be entrepreneurial in everything you do. Take responsibility for your individual and finn's overall goals.
- Embrace the struggle - Apply attention to detail and don't shy away from tough decisions. Never stop getting your hands dirty.
- We grow and succeed together - We help each other to succeed as a team and grow as individuals. We love to fight and to win together.
- Be honest and open-minded - Always speak out the truth, even if it hurts. Dare to be authentic and embrace others' authenticity.
// What We Offer
- Founders who focus on product and developer needs while building the most popular mobility provider
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent fixed salary.
- Significant virtual equity share of the company.
- 3,000€ yearly personal development budget - We constantly motivate you to learn, grow, advance your potential and be the best version of yourself.
- Full visa support - For you and your family
- We love and live agile as a SCRUM team, with open boards, regular retros and daily stand-ups.
- Join an open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. You have the freedom to choose your equipment, accessories, editors, tools, and technology and are given plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A great, modern office in the middle of Munich.
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget.
- You want to drive your own finn.auto? - Get one with our employee discount program or make use of many more benefits we are offering.
// Interested in Joining?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Our Hiring Managers Andreas and Henriette are looking forward to your application and will get back to you as soon as possible!
// Equal Opportunities for Everyone
finn.auto is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.