Summer Venture Associate
New York, New York /
Investing Team /
FinTech Collective is a global venture capital firm backing entrepreneurs who are rewiring the way money moves through the world. Founded in 2012 and based in New York City, the firm has deep experience investing across capital markets, wealth management, banking, lending, payments, insurance, and DeFi. The managing partners of FinTech Collective met in their mid 20’s and helped build, scale, and successfully exit four fintech businesses.
Backed by some of the world’s leading institutional investors, FinTech Collective manages over $500m in assets and has invested in 62 portfolio companies. Notable investments include Anyfin (Stockholm), Axoni (NYC), Centrifuge (Berlin), Flutterwave (Lagos), IMMO Capital (London), Minu (Mexico City), MoneyLion (NYC), NYDIG (NYC), Ocrolus (NYC), Quovo (NYC, acquired by Plaid), Rainbow Wallet (NYC), UMA, Vestwell (NYC) and Willa (Stockholm / LA).
FinTech Collective is seeking MBA students interested in gaining hands-on experience with venture capital investing or looking for a career in fintech. The internship will provide exposure to the full investment cycle from first meeting through funding, and the Associate will work closely with the Partners and the Investment Team on active deals over the summer. The Associate will also participate in meetings with prospective startups / CEOs.
The paid internship will be a full-time position for at least 10 weeks over the summer and based in New York City. For exceptional candidates, there will be an opportunity to join as a full-time Associate post-graduation.
We run ourselves like a start-up which means the culture is relaxed but hard working - humble, but direct.
The Associate will split his or her time between deal activity that supports the Investment Team and a research project associated with one portion of our thesis.
In supporting the Investment Team, the Associate will:
- Review and screen prospective investment opportunities, including meeting with entrepreneurs
- Work closely with the Partners and Principals to assist in diligence of investment opportunities
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Investment Recommendations to the firm’s Executive Committee
- Support the firm’s weekly fintech newsletter, read by over 15,500 subscribers
As part of the internship, the Associate will choose a “major” (primary research topic) and “minor” (secondary area of interest) and do an industry research project. In performing research, the Associate will:
- Work with the Investment Team to select a fintech topic of interest which is aligned with a portion of the firm’s investment thesis
- Conduct primary and secondary company and market research to support, prove or disprove the thesis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly analytical with financial modeling experience in Excel
- High emotional and intellectual intelligence
- Self-starting, ambitious, ready to make a markHas worked on fun, interesting, possibly quirky side projects involving technology
We will be accepting applications until January 31st, after which we will start reaching out to candidates.
FinTech Collective is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.