Front-End Software Engineer (Boutir)
Engineering – Engineering /
Firework is the world’s leading unified video commerce platform that empowers its global partners to personalize the customer experience and engagement at scale. Firework bridges the offline and online for a robust omnichannel immersive brand experience cultivating a deeper emotional human connection between our partners and their end consumers. We are customer-centric and inspired to win together offering total solutions with endless possibilities to help our customers increase purchases and conversions using the power of video. At the heart, we are a global and diverse team of “SuperSpark” creators, entrepreneurs, life-long learners, and data geeks driven by the future of authenticity to transform commerce. Firework has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2. Come reimagine the online customer experience with us.
Firework is growing and we are excited to extend our Boutir product line and expand the Boutir engineering team! We’re looking for a talented Front End Software Engineer with experience building best in class web applications. The engineer will work with a global team of talented engineers to build an immersive and complete online experience for merchants to easily set up their online store and manage inventory.
What you'll be doing
* Work closely with designers and other developers to create modern web applications
* Responsible for web application development, enhancement and maintenance.
* Keep up-to-date on the latest front end technology and trends
* Work as part of a team to develop high quality products
We'll be excited if you have
* A passionate story-teller, a life-hacker, and a love of programming.
* Willing to take on a challenge with agility and working with talented teammates in a squad team environment
* Degree in Computing, Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
* 3+ years experience with front end web application development
* Familiar with modern web technologies, including but not limited to, Typescript, ReactJS, RESTFul API, Websocket, etc..
* Desire to work in a start-up environment and develop quality internet products
* Prior experience with Google Cloud Platform / Alibaba Cloud / Amazon Web Service / Facebook applications / MV* frameworks desired
* Love for the latest technologies
* Data-driven but also imaginative and intuitive in coming up with ideas and solutions.
* Comfortable with fast-paced change: ability to demonstrate comfort with ambiguity, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic setting.
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills.
* Fluency in Cantonese or Chinese and English
The role may be hybrid in our HongKong Office. We are looking for candidates in Hong Kong.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that while Firework and its subsidiaries appreciate agency outreach, we currently do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Firework and its subsidiaries reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.