QA Automation Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
Firework is the world’s leading unified video commerce platform that empowers its global partners to personalize the customer experience and engagement at scale. Firework bridges the offline and online for a robust omnichannel immersive brand experience cultivating a deeper emotional human connection between our partners and their end consumers. We are customer-centric and inspired to win together offering total solutions with endless possibilities to help our customers increase purchases and conversions using the power of video. At the heart, we are a global and diverse team of “SuperSpark” creators, entrepreneurs, life-long learners, and data geeks driven by the future of authenticity to transform commerce. Firework has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2. Come reimagine the online customer experience with us.
We are growing our audience reach at an exponential pace and looking for an innovative and data-driven QA Engineer or Test Engineer with solid knowledge and understanding in mobile and web application testing. You have strong communication skills and can work in a rapid pace environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
What you'll be doing
* Work with the automation team to write automated tests covering UI and API.
* Act as a customer advocate, committed to delivering quality throughout the company
* Work closely with product managers, review product specifications and develop test plans for new products/features and ensure adequate test coverage
* Work closely with the dev team to design and implement automated test cases/tools
* Reproduce, isolate, and debug issues, providing detailed bug reports
We'll be excited if you have
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field or appropriate work experience
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with full stack white box & automation testing
* Solid experience developing test plans & test cases
* Great product sense and attention to detail
*Experience with implementing test suites within CI/CD pipeline
* Experience working with SQL and database server
* Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Ability to work independently and be self-directed
*Great at communication and teamwork
*BS in Computer Science or related, or appropriate work experience
A BIG PLUS if you have
* Experience with testing video and/or live streaming platforms
* Experience with SDK integration test
* Experience with testing and monitoring high-performance distributed systems
* Experience working in a Scrum development environment
* Knowledge of video formats/streaming services
* Experience with Python
* Web Application UI/API Testing using Selenium/Cypress/DevTools Protocol
* iOS Testing using Appium
* Android Testing using Appium
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in India.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.