DevOps Engineer (Remote)
IT – Development /
Firmex, a Datasite company, is a global software-as-a-service provider. The company’s Firmex VDR service is the world’s most trusted virtual data room, having been used by over 140,000 companies worldwide to share confidential documents for due diligence, litigation and compliance.
It takes an impressive design, powered by an even more impressive tech stack and supported by an awesome infrastructure to do this. Our Build and Release Engineers use AWS services like: EC2, RDS, API Gateway, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, SNS, IAM, KMS, and SSM. Other tools include Packer, PowerShell, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Octopus Deploy, C#, Nginx and more!
As our DevOps Engineer you will:
- Help build deployment pipelines with technologies like AWS SAM and CodeDeploy that enable teams to take their changes to production in a safe and reliable manner.
- Be the proactive voice of automation on your team by looking for opportunities to script manual actions.
- Perform production deployments and manage releases so your Agile team can continue to deliver value to our clients.
- As a member of the on-call team, respond to production issues and outages, participate in post-mortem RCA meetings, and make suggestions for process and service improvements.
What you'll need to be successful as a DevOps Engineer:
- Experience in cloud provisioning with tools like AWS CloudFormation or Terraform that includes managing and architecting cloud infrastructure systems.
- Develop and maintain monitoring systems to ensure that components are operating as designed across all environments.
- Core knowledge of Linux & Windows from an administrative perspective: core fundamentals, command-line operations, service monitoring.
- Practical programming experience with languages like C# or Python, and scripting experience like with Cake or PowerShell.
- Nice to have experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP services configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology but the flexibility to think outside the scrum.
- A curious nature. You want to understand the process behind the decisions, the why of the design, and the nature of the application.
- A desire to put your best foot forward. You want to be part of a team dedicated to creating and delivering quality software.
- Outstanding communication
*Note: The “Core Duties” is a summary of the duties that are essential to this role and is not an exhaustive list. Firmex reserves the right to add or amend duties as necessary.
At Firmex, we’re guided by our core values of respect and collaboration to create an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment where all employees and candidates alike can thrive. BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, women, people with disabilities, internationally trained professionals and historically disenfranchised groups are encouraged to apply. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, we’ll be happy to assist you.