Community Manager (Part Time, Remote)
First Media is a millennial focused media company and one of the top 10 publishers on Facebook, with 1.6 billion monthly views. We are seeking a hard working, collaborative and creative Part-Time Community Manager to join our Editorial department. The hours for this role are Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 9AM-5:30PM.
This is a great opportunity to grow your expand your social media skills and portfolio at growing media startup in lifestyle verticals including cooking, DIY, home décor, baby & parenting and beauty. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, fun and creative company. The Part-Time Community Manager will report to the Social Media Manager in our Los Angeles headquarters.
- Serve as the online face and voice of the company on Facebook, Instagram and other social channels.
- Foster a lively, engaged community of fans and encourage positive discussions on brand pages.
- Moderate ad pages and comments
- Answer brand questions when applicable
- Post relevant articles to keep pages active and increase engagement
- Comment on Facebook videos and hide inappropriate comments
- Manage Facebook groups and act as group admin. Moderate comments and accept/deny postings, enforce rules and culture when necessary to cultivate a positive online community.
- Create interactive discussions to drive engagement
- Work with paid social team to drive online engagement
- Report all Facebook data for Blossom and So Yummy
- Report and take all disputes across business manager pages (So Yummy, Blossom, Blusher)
- Minimum two years of social media experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Facebook and Instagram required.
- Minimum one year of Facebook community management experience required including moderating/monitoring conversations.
- Proven track record of growing online communities
- Experience writing copy for social media ads required.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Available to work Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays from 9-5:30.
- Available overtime as needed to support urgent requests.
First Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.