San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia, or Remote /
Operating Team /
This is a paid remote internship for undergrad students.
First Round is a seed-stage venture capital firm that is committed to connecting startup entrepreneurs to the knowledge, people and companies they need for maximum impact. Uber, Roblox, and Snackpass are some of the companies we’ve been fortunate to partner with — and we’re just getting started. We're searching for a Community Intern to join our mission to build and serve the world's strongest community of entrepreneurs.
We're looking for a current undergrad who is excited to help us curate the incredible community of founders and operators across our companies. Your main focus will be to nurture the First Round Network, our internal platform that connects everyone inside of our 250+ companies. The First Round Network is the source of truth for employees at the companies we back, and a cherished resource for the First Round community. It's the place for all of our 4000+ community members to connect and share knowledge.
Your core role as Community Intern will include:
- Manage First Round Network. You’ll help find answers to questions, post and curate content that is relevant to our community, and set up Ask Me Anything sessions with experts in our community. You'll provide administrative support to ensure that Network is a high quality resource including updating our user database and cleaning up content shared.
- Create experiments to drive user engagement. You’ll create and analyze surveys to improve our programs, facilitate meaningful connections with 4000+ community members, and analyze user engagement patterns.
You could be a great Community Intern at First Round if:
- You are an execution machine. When you're tasked with something, it's done with the utmost thought and care. You have a knack for details and never drop a ball. You feel a sense of accomplishment after seeing a project come to fruition and can't wait to take on the next task with the same level of energy.
- You are a great writer. You’re someone who can synthesize big ideas into tidy bullet points and important takeaways (like these).
- You are analytical and data-driven. You love getting into data, pulling insights, and recommending improvements to our programs.
- You are eager to learn about the startup ecosystem and dive into the challenges that our founders and companies face. You’re curious to understand how companies get built, scale, and operate.
Our intern can expect to work 15-20 hours a week remotely from now until May. If you're an undergrad interested in entrepreneurship, this is an unbeatable chance to explore and be part of the world of startups.
First Round is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply because we believe that our diverse team helps us build and serve the strongest community of entrepreneurs.