B2B Demand Generation Lead
San Francisco or New York
Operating Team /
First Round is a seed-stage venture capital firm on a mission to build and serve the world's strongest community of entrepreneurs. Uber, Roblox, Square, and Notion are some of the companies we’ve been fortunate to partner with — and we’re just getting started.
Our goal on the First Round Founder Success team is to turn all First Round Founders into ardent advocates. We do this by creating and delivering remarkable, innovative, and relevant programs and services to support founders in successful company building. We have dozens of services and programs that support a founder’s Go-to-Market, Research, Recruiting, Learning & Development, and Fundraising.
The mission of the Go-to-Market work stream is to help founders get to their first million in revenue faster. One of our primary initiatives towards this mission is to assist founders in building their pipeline by getting them as many qualified “at bats” as possible. We’ve seen our companies massively scale when we can get our founders on the right initial foot and introduce them to their first dozen or more customers. We’re searching for someone to work hand-in-hand with founders on experimenting across multiple channels to successfully grow their early pipeline.
Your core role as Demand Gen Lead will include:
- Build the Demand Gen Offering Strategy. We have a number of existing programs focused on generating pipeline with founders. You’ll audit our current offerings, make changes as you see fit and craft new programs to meet our founders’ needs. You’ll know your strategy is successful if founders rave about our DG programs and if we grow founder intros quarter over quarter.
- Execute DG Programs. You’ll act as a close partner to the founders you support, deeply understanding their ICP, personas and demand generation challenges. You’ll develop prescriptive DG strategies for founders and collaborate with internal stakeholders, experts in residence and other agencies to execute these programs with founders. You’ll be hands-on across all channels doing things like building LinkedIn campaigns, writing outreach messaging, planning and hosting events for founders’ prospects, just to name a few.
- Teach & Train Founders. We take the “I do, we do, you do” approach with our founder services. You’ll help our founders make progress with hands on execution support and also teach founders how to fish by training them on key aspects of DG program execution. You’ll create templates, guides, Loom videos etc. to help founders do it on their own once your engagements are over.
- Manage Demand Gen Team Member(s), Vendors and Partners. You’ll build and manage relationships with external vendors and other freelancers who support our DG programs. You’ll also manage our Go-to-Market Experts In Residence and our GTM Enablement Manager who focuses on cold and warm sales outreach on behalf of our Founders.
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
- We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
The salary range for this role is $140,000-$160,000. Our talent team is happy to share more details about our total compensation and benefits package.