Managing Editor, Content Marketing
Washington, DC /
About the Role
FiscalNote is looking for a talented, detail-oriented writer/editor and marketer, who is passionate about content marketing and building an online audience. As the Managing Editor, Content Marketing, you will partner with the Director of Marketing & Content Strategy to execute a variety of content pieces like blogs, white papers, articles, and more. You’ll help manage the online content resource center to drive eyeballs and conversions to our marketing downloads. You will also work closely across the marketing team to help support demand generation, product marketing, and sales enablement.
About the Marketing Team
The Marketing Team at FiscalNote collaborates across business units to help drive sales and support the growth goals of the company using data and creativity. With a demand-generation approach, the marketing team targets high quality leads and nurtures them with compelling content and events including webinars, blogs, lunch & learns, white papers, case studies, and the like.
What To Expect:
- Write and publish white papers, blogs, infographics, webinars, and sales collateral for all FiscalNote products and subsidiaries to support awareness, thought leadership, and demand generation efforts
- Partner with the Director of Content Strategy to build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to FiscalNote's website
- Help craft emails for our multiple campaigns
- Help build an organic SEO strategy with backlinks, power pages, shares, etc, to capture an online audience for FiscalNote’s marketing content and help us rank higher on Google search
- Help craft the lifecycle content strategy, including messaging, campaign narratives, and sales enablement resources
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, and video
- Communicate product updates to customers and stakeholders with extreme attention to detail
- Liaise with the Advertising and Editorial staff, as well as industry partnerships and memberships, on campaign and event strategies
- Coordinate with internal and external departments to identify the types of content needed, KPIs, keywords to be targeted, and optimize all content
- Measure and analyze key content and product marketing metrics to see what’s working and what isn’t
- Work closely with partners to create value-added content and events that are a win for both parties
What Sets You Apart:
- Excellent written, editing, and verbal communication skills and are obsessed with making sure that copy is clean, accurate, and delivers the right message. Extra points for someone with an editorial or journalism background
- 5+ years in a marketing, editorial or sales role, ideally in a writing position for demand generation, content marketing, or product marketing
- Proven ability to understand and map content and messaging across the customer journey
- Very strong project management skills
- Experience in working with and leveraging data and analytics A passion to “own” the online download conversion strategy with the best, most applicable content
***We would love to see some of the content you have created! When applying, please share 2 of your best content writing samples (these can be an email, white paper, blog, etc.) and a brief explanation on why these samples are your proudest***
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.